Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from providers in Corpus Christi.
First, get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover the details to prevent high prices and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s hard to believe, but most car insurance policyholders in Texas have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could pocket approximately $860 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
Getting quotes for the cheapest car insurance coverage in Corpus Christi is not as hard as you think. Essentially every vehicle owner who wants cheaper car insurance stands a good chance to find a lower-cost policy. But Texas car owners must know the way insurance companies determine how much to charge and use it to your advantage.
Components of Your Chevy Bolt EV Insurance Rates
Many factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Save money with responsible credit – Your credit score can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. People that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have bad credit. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Bolt EV by repairing your credit.
You may save more by bundling policies – Lots of insurers apply better rates to clients that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare other Corpus Christi Bolt EV insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Your gender affects rates – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes have accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
Adjust deductibles and save – The deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
To get the cheapest Chevrolet Bolt EV rate quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from different Corpus Christi insurance companies. By far the easiest way to do a complete rate comparison is to perform an online rate comparison. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Texas. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in TX, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Corpus Christi, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t overlook these Chevy Bolt EV insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Corpus Christi car insurance online.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings up to 30%.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple cars on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Sign Online – Some car insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy online.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
To find insurers who offer free Chevy Bolt EV insurance quotes in Corpus Christi, click here to view.
Comparing prices from local Corpus Christi insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Corpus Christi.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Corpus Christi who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
When searching for local Corpus Christi agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Corpus Christi can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Corpus Christi who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- Reed Insurance Agency
6500 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78412 – (361) 994-1886 – View Map
- CMM INSURANCE AGENCY
5009 Kostoryz Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 654-0030 – View Map
- CMM Insurance
1901 Baldwin Blvd # C – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 654-0085 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Corpus Christi that can give you price quote information.
- Randy Ritter – State Farm Insurance Agent
6601 Everhart Rd, Ste H4 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 851-8611 – View Map
- Larry Watson – State Farm Insurance Agent
6210 Wooldridge Rd b – Corpus Christi, TX 78414 – (361) 993-6787 – View Map
- State Farm: Curtis Rich
6646 S Staples St #130 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 992-1148 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How many years have they been established?
It’s not one size fits all
When selecting your policy, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different and your insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Cheap insurance rates are out there
As you quote Corpus Christi car insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read some good ideas how to compare Chevy Bolt EV insurance rates in Corpus Christi. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Corpus Christi car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Corpus Christi Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)