It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes will probably move their business because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey found that drivers who compared rates regularly saved about $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving the most money on auto insurance in Corpus Christi is why you’re reading this, learning how to shop for insurance can save time and money.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Corpus Christi.
- Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates like inattentive driving and a negative credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for more information to help reduce premium rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Corpus Christi. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. Be sure to keep the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use identical coverage information on every quote request and to quote with all possible companies. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance rates for Chevy Sonic insurance in Corpus Christi utilizes the fact most of the larger companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide details like whether you have decent credit, whether or not you need a SR-22, if the vehicle is leased, and daily mileage. Those rating factors gets transmitted to insurance companies and you receive quotes with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your Chevy Sonic now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Corpus Christi, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Extra coverages you don’t use – There are a ton of extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying car insurance. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Safer cars means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums.
- Expect high rates for teens – Inexperience drivers have been known to be inattentive when driving with friends so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
- Better drivers pay less – Good drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even one moving violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Never go without car insurance – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license.
- The type of car makes a difference – The performance of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The lowest performance passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Low credit rating equals high costs – Credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Sonic by improving your rating. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Loss probability for a Chevy Sonic – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when determining insurance prices. Models that historically have increased losses will cost more for coverage. The next table shows the collected loss data for Chevy Sonic vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Chevrolet Sonic Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Sonic 104 132 91 167 189 159BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Corpus Christi, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves your Chevy Sonic and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.