Regrettably, a large majority of insurance policyholders have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Texas insurance shoppers could cut their rates by 70% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes.
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Corpus Christi.
- First, try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic citations and a bad credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides more ideas to get low prices and get bigger discounts.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Make sure you keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are insured now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using these methods. Our objective in writing this article is to help educate you on the most effective ways to compare rates and also save some money in the process But Texas vehicle owners must understand how companies market on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Car insurance providers offering low-cost prices in Texas
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. If you want cheap auto insurance in TX, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Honda Accord Crosstour insurance analysis
The premium information displayed below showcases a range of insurance policy prices for Honda Accord Crosstour models. Being aware of how insurance prices are calculated can help customers make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord Crosstour EX 2WD||$240||$400||$476||$28||$142||$1,286||$107|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD||$240||$400||$476||$28||$142||$1,286||$107|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD||$270||$472||$476||$28||$142||$1,388||$116|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 2WD||$270||$472||$476||$28||$142||$1,388||$116|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 4WD||$270||$472||$476||$28||$142||$1,388||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific location information which can influence premium rates greatly.
Affordable Honda Accord Crosstour insurance quotes in Corpus Christi
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current Accord Crosstour insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military can result in better prices.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Honda can qualify you for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Accord Crosstour insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Honda Accord Crosstour insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, good driver, passive restraint, accident-free, safe vehicle, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, air bags, driver training, military active duty, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including student driver, air bags, theft prevention, early bird, and 55 and older.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, Steer into Savings, good student, bundled insurance, defensive driver, accident-free, and good driver.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and defensive driver.
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
If you need low cost Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be offered in your area. For a list of insurers with the best Honda Accord Crosstour insurance discounts in Texas, click this link.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is my Honda Accord Crosstour covered for flood damage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Corpus Christi that provide free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Corpus Christi will have answers to these questions.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does their agency support local causes in Corpus Christi?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents in Corpus Christi are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are trained well on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide price quote information.
- Larry Watson – State Farm Insurance Agent
6210 Wooldridge Rd b – Corpus Christi, TX 78414 – (361) 993-6787 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Donald Morrison
4535 S Padre Island Dr Ste 37 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 854-2383 – View Map
- Jessica Kelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
5337 Yorktown Blvd #2b – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 854-3225 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you will want to check rates from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below are Corpus Christi independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- A to Z Insurance Group
5625 Betty Jean Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 853-7568 – View Map
- Binyon Insurance Agency, LLC
9922 Leopard St #202 – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-3748 – View Map
- Crawford Insurance
5262 S Staples St # 300 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 654-2788 – View Map
Once you have acceptable answers for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide auto insurance.
How to find a good Texas car insurance company
Selecting the top company can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Corpus Christi. The information shown below can help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Cost effective Honda Accord Crosstour insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Corpus Christi agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not have rates over the internet and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
We covered a lot of techniques to reduce Honda Accord Crosstour insurance rates online in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a small local company. Some small companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas is located at the links below
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)