GMC Acadia insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable GMC Acadia insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers in Corpus Christi. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Acadia coverage is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Sad but true, nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Texas being $2,679, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won't spend time to compare rate quotes online.
Companies offering GMC Acadia insurance in Corpus Christi
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Texas, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Insurance coverage details
The premium table displayed next showcases different prices for GMC Acadia models. Knowing how car insurance prices are determined can help customers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$200||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,044||$87|
|Acadia SL AWD||$230||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,074||$90|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$230||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,074||$90|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$230||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,150||$96|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$230||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,150||$96|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$260||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower rates substantially.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact GMC Acadia premium costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Corpus Christi
The chart below compares GMC Acadia auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
GMC Acadia liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of GMC Acadia premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The prices are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut formula that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your GMC Acadia replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Score discounts to get cheaper Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes
Companies don't always advertise all discounts very well, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online.
- One Accident Forgiven - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for multiple cars with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for substantially lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Organization Discounts - Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Smart Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new Acadia can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Sign Online - A handful of larger companies will provide an incentive simply for signing over the internet.
- No Accidents - Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Don't be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck. Any amount of discount should help reduce your policy cost.
The diagram below shows the difference between GMC Acadia car insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A few companies who might offer most of these discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state. To see insurers who offer cheap GMC Acadia insurance quotes in Corpus Christi, click here to view.
Components of Your GMC Acadia Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that go into determining insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
Low deductibles mean high costs - Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Deter theft and reduce premiums - Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Certain jobs raise premiums - Jobs such as real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts tend to pay higher rates than average in part from high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, careers such as professors, students and retirees pay the least.
With age comes responsibility - Inexperience drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates. Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Get a ticket, pay higher costs - How you drive has a big impact on rates. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Even one moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get serious violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault collisions can affect GMC Acadia auto insurance rates for each different age group. The information is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Too many insurance claims and you'll pay more - Insurance companies in Texas give lower rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Save money with responsible credit - Credit score factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your GMC Acadia by spending a little time repairing your credit.
How many coverages with the same company - Many insurance companies will award a discount to customers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Insurance losses for a GMC Acadia - Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for GMC Acadia vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|GMC Acadia 4dr 2WD||75||86||73||71||69||80|
|GMC Acadia 4dr 4WD||83||100||88||62||63||80|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing the best insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone's needs are different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation may require specific advice.
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Corpus Christi car insurance agent
Some consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find better rates and also buy local. Buying from small agencies is still important in Corpus Christi.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Corpus Christi who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. A good agent in Corpus Christi will have answers to these questions.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Corpus Christi?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
A little work can save a LOT of money
Cost effective GMC Acadia insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Corpus Christi insurance agents, so you need to quote Corpus Christi auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped full coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)