We don't have to tell you that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest rate are highly likely to switch auto insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A survey found that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved as much as $865 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is your intention, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
The recommended way to find cheaper Toyota Rav4 insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and a negative credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Rav4 coverage is available in Corpus Christi. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use identical coverages on each quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Find Toyota Rav4 Insurance for Less
Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time. Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower premium levels.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower insurance rates - Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Insure your auto and home with one company - Most major insurance companies will award lower prices to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it's still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Drive a safer car and pay less - Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
Men are more aggressive - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but guys get into accidents with more damage. They also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
The example below shows the difference between Toyota Rav4 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
The coverage information displayed next covers estimates of insurance premium costs for Toyota Rav4 models. Being able to understand how car insurance prices are figured is important for drivers to make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$254||$512||$430||$26||$128||$1,350||$113|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$254||$512||$430||$26||$128||$1,350||$113|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$254||$512||$430||$26||$128||$1,350||$113|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$254||$512||$430||$26||$128||$1,350||$113|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$254||$512||$430||$26||$128||$1,350||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can alter insurance rates significantly.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below shows the comparison of Toyota Rav4 annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no clear-cut formula to drop full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Toyota Rav4 replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing in excess of $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Do you qualify for discounts?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Life Insurance - Larger car insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better car insurance rates.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking time to complete a defensive driving class could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Good Student Discount - This discount may save as much as 25% on a Corpus Christi car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
The illustration below shows the difference between Toyota Rav4 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for good student, low natural disaster claims, good driver, age of vehicle, anti-theft, and annual mileage.
- Nationwide has discounts for family plan, easy pay, multi-policy, good student, business or organization, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, federal employee, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, and military active duty.
- AAA has savings for good driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, education and occupation, pay-in-full, good student, and multi-car.
If you need low cost Corpus Christi car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To view car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Corpus Christi, follow this link.
Best car insurance company in Corpus Christi
Choosing the right insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Texas. The information displayed below could help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Smart consumers save more
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to shop for Toyota Rav4 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Toyota Rav4 rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from a small mutual company.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Single Moms in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)