It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to find cheap rates and find additional discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Corpus Christi. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who get price comparisons will most likely buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that people who shopped around annually saved on average $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance is your intention, then having a good understanding how to quote and compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Many things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
Insurance prices and vehicle performance – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Do you save by driving less? – Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rate. A lot of companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance coverage is rated on the correct usage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your RLX can cost quite a bit.
Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – Liability insurance will protect you in the event that you are responsible for damages from an accident. It provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Raising deductibles lowers rates – Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your Acura. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Acura RLX insurance loss probability – Companies analyze past claim statistics to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that have higher losses will cost more for coverage. The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Online Discount – Certain companies will give a small break for signing up digitally online.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new RLX can save you some money because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total RLX insurance premium.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles may allow you to get lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Corpus Christi car insurance quote.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower premium rates.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount should help reduce your insurance premiums.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good driver, ease of repair, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, good student, and type of vehicle.
- Nationwide has discounts for business or organization, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, defensive driving, easy pay, and anti-theft.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, driver training, anti-lock brakes, air bags, military active duty, defensive driver, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-car, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies. Low-cost Acura RLX insurance in Corpus Christi is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent and even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is easier than you think.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas is located at the links below
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)