For students in college, one of the largest criteria that aid in calculating the amount you pay for auto insurance is where your residence is. Cities with larger populations tend to have higher rates, whereas areas with less congestion have the luxury of cheap car insurance rates.
The table below rates the highest-priced areas in Texas for college students to buy an auto insurance policy in. Corpus Christi is ranked at #18 costing $1,636 for coverage, which is about $136 per month.
|Rank||City||Average Per Year|
|Find Cheaper Insurance Go|
Rates are approximated as specific Corpus Christi garaging address can affect rates considerably.
The vehicle model that is being insured is one of the largest factors when shopping for cheap auto insurance for college students. Vehicles with average performance, good safety features, or a positive history of liability claims will cost significantly less to insure than fast, unsafe models. The next table showcases auto insurance prices for a handful of the most budget-friendly automobiles to buy insurance for.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Estimated Cost for Full Coverage|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$2,110|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$2,120|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$2,277|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$2,332|
|Toyota Tacoma 4WD||$2,363|
|Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$2,371|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$2,363|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$2,468|
|Ford Edge Limited 2WD||$2,477|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$2,499|
|Volkswagen Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$2,507|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD||$2,499|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$2,508|
|Toyota RAV4 4WD||$2,499|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$2,504|
|Toyota Camry LE||$2,499|
|Compare Cheap Rates Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 20, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can alter rates greatly.
By looking at the data, makes and models like the Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, and Honda Accord are likely to be some of the less-costly vehicles to insure for students in college. Car insurance rates will tend to be more expensive anyway just because there is more claim exposure for college students, but overall those vehicles will probably have the best rates possible.
How to get discounts on Corpus Christi car insurance
Insurers that offer coverage for college students may provide special discounts that could potentially reduce rates by 35% or more if you qualify. A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, multiple policy, student away at school, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, TimeAway discount, good student, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, good driver, good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include professional/association, multi-policy, good driver, ease of repair, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, early shopping, mature driver, distant student, switch companies, and teen driver.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
The diagram below shows the comparison of insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles.
The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The lower bar shows the rates with continuous coverage, anti-theft, good student, paperless filing, paid-in-full, and passive restraint discounts applied. In this example, theamount saved on auto insurance for college students is 19% or $452.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible can influence insurance rates when quoting cheap insurance for college students. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
The chart above illustrates that a 30-year-old driver could cut expenses by $396 a year by switching from a $100 deductible to a $500 deductible, or save $598 by selecting a $1,000 deductible. Youthful drivers, like the 20-year-old example, could possibly save as much as $1,206 each year by using a higher deductible.
When raising deductibles, it is a good idea to have additional funds squirreled away to enable you to pay the extra out-of-pocket expense, which deters some drivers from choosing higher deductibles.
Ideas to find budget-friendly car insurance for college students
Here are some of the better penny-pinching suggestions that can help drivers buy low-cost coverage.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure
- Violations like speeding or DUI increase rates
- Having at-fault accidents will increase rates
- Raise comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles
- Higher credit scores may earn you cheaper rates
- Compare rates regularly and switch companies to save money
That last idea is extraordinarily significant, as was discussed in this article. Prices charged by companies fluctuate constantly, so you should be ready to switch to a new company if you can find a cheaper rate.
Brand loyalty is great, but it isn’t a good idea if that dedication is costing a wad of cash every year. Take a couple minutes and compare prices to find cheaper auto insurance for college students in Corpus Christi.
If you aren’t clear which coverage you need and would like to get help from a professional when trying to find the best insurance rates for college students, the agencies below are willing to aid you in deciding which is the best policy. To locate a Corpus Christi car insurance agency nearest to you, click the button below the list or click here to compare rates now.
- All American Hallmark Ins
4510 Weber Rd a – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 993-6643
- Farmers Insurance – Jennifer Tennill
1145 Waldron Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78418 – (361) 939-7300
- A to Z Insurance Group
5625 Betty Jean Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 853-7568