Did a good deal turn out to be overpriced Chevy City Express insurance in Corpus Christi? Say no more because there are a lot of people in Corpus Christi just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy.
It’s hard to fathom, but most consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Corpus Christi insurance shoppers could pocket as much as $1,770 a year, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy. Due to the fact that there are so many insurance providers from which to choose, it is very difficult to find the right auto insurance company.
Affordable Chevy City Express insurance in Corpus Christi
Companies don’t necessarily list all discounts very well, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Corpus Christi car insurance quote.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Corpus Christi Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a safe driver class could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for several vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy City Express insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, good driver, passive restraint, accident-free, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance offers discounts for good student, homeowner, paid-in-full, DriveSense, and emergency road assistance.
- Nationwide offers discounts including family plan, defensive driving, accident-free, multi-policy, and Farm Bureau membership.
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Corpus Christi, click here to view.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To find cheaper car insurance in Corpus Christi, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Chevy City Express insurance rate analysis
The price information shown below outlines different rate quotes for Chevy City Express models. Learning more about how insurance prices are calculated can help guide drivers when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$318||$598||$514||$30||$154||$1,614||$135|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$318||$728||$514||$30||$154||$1,744||$145|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$364||$728||$514||$30||$154||$1,790||$149|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$364||$728||$514||$30||$154||$1,790||$149|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$364||$728||$514||$30||$154||$1,790||$149|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$364||$728||$514||$30||$154||$1,790||$149|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$364||$728||$514||$30||$154||$1,790||$149|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$364||$728||$514||$30||$154||$1,790||$149|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$364||$728||$514||$30||$154||$1,790||$149|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$364||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,920||$160|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$364||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,920||$160|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$364||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,920||$160|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$364||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,920||$160|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$410||$858||$514||$30||$154||$1,966||$164|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can impact prices noticeably.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy City Express premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chevy City Express premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no set rule to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy City Express replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Many drivers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agents is definitely important in Corpus Christi.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Corpus Christi that give free quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Insurance agent types
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Corpus Christi are considered either exclusive or independent. Both sell auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know why they differ since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Corpus Christi that can give you price quotes.
Joe Morales Insurance
5230 Kostoryz Rd # 18 – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 852-4292 – View Map
Star Advantage Insurance Agency
15201 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78418 – (361) 949-0396 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide price quotes.
Finding a good insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Corpus Christi?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Upon getting positive feedback to all your questions as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Insurance savings summarized
Budget-conscious Chevy City Express insurance is available both online and also from your neighborhood Corpus Christi agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Steps to saving on Chevy City Express insurance in Corpus Christi
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Chevy City Express insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers that insure vehicles in Corpus Christi.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies. Find a Corpus Christi insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Focus in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)