It's an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who shop rates annually are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of getting low-cost coverage. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved approximately $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is your target objective, understanding how to quote and compare coverage rates can save money and time.
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest Ford Five Hundred insurance in Corpus Christi is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who sell auto insurance in Texas.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as your driving record and a substandard credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to point out is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you currently have auto insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using the ideas presented in this article. Locating the best-priced auto insurance policy in Corpus Christi is actually quite simple. But Texas vehicle owners do need to know how big insurance companies market on the web.
How to find cheap Ford Five Hundred insurance in Corpus Christi
Keep in mind that quoting more will improve the odds of getting more affordable rates.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Ford Five Hundred
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Corpus Christi, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to save money.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that are used to determine your premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you cheaper rates.
Drive less and pay lower prices - The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Five Hundred can cost quite a bit.
Companies want multiple policies - Most companies will give a discount to policyholders that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it's still a good idea to compare other Corpus Christi Five Hundred insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. It's possible to still save more without the discount by buying from different companies
High premiums for youthful drivers - Teen drivers in Texas are known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Higher premiums for high stress vocations - Jobs like judges, architects, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, professions such as actors, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
Prevent your car from being stolen - Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
These discounts can cut Ford Five Hundred insurance rates
Some insurance providers don't list every discount in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Corpus Christi car insurance online.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Senior Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a slight reduction on a Corpus Christi car insurance quote.
- Life Insurance Discount - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Corpus Christi car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Memberships - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for signing up on their website.
- Driver's Ed - Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking part in a class that teaches driver safety techniques may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
Some companies that have most of these discounts are:
When getting free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer free Ford Five Hundred insurance quotes in Corpus Christi, click here to view.
When to have guidance from an agent
A lot of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Corpus Christi who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
The difference between Corpus Christi auto insurance agents
If you need to find a local insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Corpus Christi can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company such as State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Corpus Christi who may provide you with price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance - Jennifer Tennill
1145 Waldron Rd - Corpus Christi, TX 78418 - (361) 939-7300 - View Map
- Felix Pena - State Farm Insurance Agent
5718 McArdle Rd #105 - Corpus Christi, TX 78412 - (361) 992-7760 - View Map
- Francisco Aguilar - State Farm Insurance Agent
5829 Weber Rd - Corpus Christi, TX 78413 - (361) 991-8242 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to contact several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Corpus Christi that can give you price quote information.
- Ed Cantu Insurance Agency
7122 S Staples St - Corpus Christi, TX 78413 - (361) 991-1493 - View Map
- CMM Insurance
1901 Baldwin Blvd # C - Corpus Christi, TX 78404 - (361) 654-0085 - View Map
- A to Z Insurance Group
5625 Betty Jean Dr - Corpus Christi, TX 78411 - (361) 853-7568 - View Map
One last note
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices or delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Corpus Christi can be sourced on the web and with local Corpus Christi insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
While you're price shopping online, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas is available at the links below
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)