Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced insurance can sap your checking account and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Performing a price comparison can help to lower your bills every month.
Remarkably, a study showed that over 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Many drivers in Texas could cut their rates by almost $1,800 a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they changed companies.
There is such a variety of insurers to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, more options can take longer to compare rates for Audi A5 insurance in Corpus Christi.
It’s a good habit to check insurance prices yearly because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest premium rates on Audi A5 insurance in Corpus Christi two years ago a different company probably has better prices today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to show you the quickest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Get cheaper Audi A5 insurance rates in Corpus Christi
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less can qualify you for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because it demonstrates responsibility.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Audi A5 insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for good student, multi-car, teen driver, switch companies, bundle discounts, homeowner, and mature driver.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, 55 and retired, driver training, and safe driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, good driver, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, anti-theft, driver training, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including teen safe driver, drive less, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, newly retired, safety features, preferred payment discount, multi-car, and teen driver discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply everywhere. For a list of insurers who offer online Audi A5 insurance quotes in Corpus Christi, follow this link.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Audi A5 insurance in Corpus Christi is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information like your general credit rating, how old drivers are, how much coverage you want, and how much you drive. That information gets sent immediately to multiple top-rated companies and you receive quotes with very little delay.
To check rates for your Audi A5 now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Audi A5 insurance statistics and information
The data table displayed below highlights detailed analysis of insurance prices for Audi A5 models. Learning how car insurance premiums are calculated can aid in making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$318||$660||$366||$22||$110||$1,476||$123|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$318||$660||$366||$22||$110||$1,476||$123|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$318||$746||$366||$22||$110||$1,562||$130|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$318||$746||$366||$22||$110||$1,562||$130|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$318||$746||$366||$22||$110||$1,562||$130|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$318||$746||$430||$26||$128||$1,648||$137|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$318||$746||$430||$26||$128||$1,648||$137|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$350||$746||$366||$22||$110||$1,594||$133|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$350||$746||$430||$26||$128||$1,680||$140|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$350||$746||$430||$26||$128||$1,680||$140|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$350||$832||$366||$22||$110||$1,680||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can influence insurance rates considerably.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Audi A5 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
You may want advice from an insurance agency
A small number of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from small agencies is definitely important in Corpus Christi.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Corpus Christi who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you want to buy insurance from a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Corpus Christi agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can write business through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Corpus Christi who may provide rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below are Corpus Christi exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Corpus Christi should know the answers to these questions.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Corpus Christi?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is there a local claims center in Corpus Christi?
- How are claims handled?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Ratings for Corpus Christi car insurance companies
Ending up with a high-quality car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Corpus Christi. The ranking data displayed below may help you decide which insurers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Car insurance savings summarized
We covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Audi A5 insurance in Corpus Christi. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Corpus Christi car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Lower-priced Audi A5 insurance in Corpus Christi can be bought on the web and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Audi A5 insurance in Corpus Christi
The easiest way to find affordable Audi A5 insurance in Corpus Christi is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Texas. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Be sure to safely store the certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much is Corpus Christi Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)