If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable Saab 9-7X insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who sell auto insurance in Corpus Christi.
Step 1: Read about auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many drivers in Corpus Christi can save approximately 70% each year, but they think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Shopping around for the best-priced insurance policy in Corpus Christi is not as time-consuming as you think. But Texas consumers need to learn the way companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for these eight discounts
Companies don’t always list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Corpus Christi auto insurance quote.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can save you money since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, multiple autos, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, good driver, accident-free
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, good student, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, good student, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO discounts include homeowner, multi-car, drive less, anti-lock brakes, and teen safety rewards.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not be available in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with discount insurance rates in Texas, click here to view.
When comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best rates. Not every company allows you to get Corpus Christi 9-7X insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to also get price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Saab 9-7X?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare rates but buy from a local Corpus Christi insurance agent
A lot of people would rather talk to a local agent. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Corpus Christi?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
If you want a local Corpus Christi insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Corpus Christi can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Corpus Christi exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Stephanie Waterman
5433 S Staples St, Ste P3 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 906-9400 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Richard Peetz
3038 S Alameda St – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 887-7801 – View Map
- Michael Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5515 Saratoga Blvd b – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 992-3636 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you need to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Corpus Christi who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Star Advantage Insurance Agency
15201 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78418 – (361) 949-0396 – View Map
- Hochheim Prairie Insurance
4646 Corona Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 814-1097 – View Map
- CMM INSURANCE AGENCY
5009 Kostoryz Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 654-0030 – View Map
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
This coverage covers damage to your 9-7X resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your 9-7X to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for hospital visits, funeral costs, X-ray expenses and dental work. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/25 in Texas), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 30/60/25 which means a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not be adequate.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, fire damage, falling objects and vandalism. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on Saab 9-7X insurance in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheaper auto insurance in Corpus Christi can be bought online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)