Pretty sure you bought overpriced BMW 535i insurance in Corpus Christi? Believe me when I say many Corpus Christi drivers have buyer’s remorse.
It’s astonishing, but most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $2,679, Texas drivers could save approximately 70% a year, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
Steps to finding cheaper BMW 535i insurance in Corpus Christi
The best way to find lower priced BMW 535i insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers that sell auto insurance in Corpus Christi. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, read and learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper 535i coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. Make sure you safely store the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO all claim big savings with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper rates, use these techniques to buy cheaper car insurance without sacrificing coverage. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Corpus Christi can be much easier if you know how to start. Drivers just have to know how to compare prices on the web.
Best BMW 535i insurance rates in Texas
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Corpus Christi, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
BMW 535i insurance statistics and information
The rate table shown next highlights estimates of prices for BMW 535i models. Understanding how insurance quotes are determined can assist in making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|535I 4-Dr Sedan||$518||$908||$500||$30||$150||$2,106||$176|
|535I xDrive Station Wagon||$518||$908||$500||$30||$150||$2,106||$176|
|535I GT 4-Dr Sedan||$518||$908||$500||$30||$150||$2,106||$176|
|535I xDrive 4-Dr Sedan||$566||$908||$500||$30||$150||$2,154||$180|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter insurance rates noticeably.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of BMW 535i premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Earn discounts on Corpus Christi insurance
Insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but less common discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Corpus Christi car insurance quote.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Corpus Christi drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to monitor their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better insurance rates.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below shows the difference between BMW 535i auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Insurance companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To choose providers who offer insurance discounts in Texas, click this link.
Exclusive or independent auto insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Corpus Christi who will return price quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
When looking for an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you should always include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are Corpus Christi independent agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Once you have answers to your satisfaction and a good coverage price, you may have found a car insurance agent that will adequately provide auto insurance. It’s important to know that it’s your policy and you can cancel your coverage any time you want so never feel you are locked into a specific agent for the full policy term.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When buying a policy, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, doctor visits, ambulance fees, pain medications and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverages – This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 30/60/25 that means you have a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, legal defense fees, funeral expenses and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate.
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your 535i resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your 535i to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Quote more to save more
You just read many tips how you can lower your BMW 535i insurance premium rates in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you shop your coverage around, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
How to find the cheapest rates for BMW 535i insurance in Corpus Christi
Really, the only way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who provide car insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Try to comprehend car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and a poor credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)