Chevy Silverado insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
High-priced Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD insurance in Corpus Christi can deplete your savings and put the squeeze on your family's finances. Shopping your coverage around is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Unbelievable but true according to a study almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in Texas could save nearly $1,766 every year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the benefits if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Due to the fact that there are so many different company options, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the lowest price insurer.
Comparing rates for cheaper auto insurance in Corpus Christi is quite easy. In essence, each driver who buys auto insurance stands a good chance to find lower prices. But Texas car owners must know how big insurance companies price insurance differently because it varies considerably.
Compare Corpus Christi Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance rate quotes
When shopping for inexpensive Corpus Christi car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. The best method to compare Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Comparing free quotes online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to and from local Corpus Christi insurance agencies. The ability to quote Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the trained guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. However, consumers can get prices online but buy from a local insurance agent. When quoting insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To get cheaper car insurance in TX, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Rates and data analysis
The data table shown next highlights estimates of insurance policy prices for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Learning more about how insurance quotes are established can be valuable when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$196||$414||$500||$30||$150||$1,290||$108|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$196||$414||$500||$30||$150||$1,290||$108|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$196||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,100||$92|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$216||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,120||$93|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$216||$414||$400||$24||$120||$1,174||$98|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$216||$414||$400||$24||$120||$1,174||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise price quotes considerably.
Car insurance rates by age and gender in Corpus Christi
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Here's why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Silverado 3500HD in Corpus Christi, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy Silverado 3500HD, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Corpus Christi is overpaying over $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to save money.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Corpus Christi
Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. It's important that you understand some of the elements that help determine your car insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating - Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Chevy Silverado 3500HD scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
High credit saves on car insurance - Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have bad credit. If your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD by repairing your credit.
Where you live is a factor - Having an address in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents. Drivers in populated Texas areas have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commute times. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
Driving citations can increase rates - Being a careful driver has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having a single speeding ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. People who have multiple violations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and accidents can influence Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Extra coverages can cost a lot - Policies have optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren't diligent. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if you don't need them remove them and pocket the money.
Cheaper auto insurance rates are possible
Cheap Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Corpus Christi can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance premium rates in Corpus Christi. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
How to buy lower priced Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Corpus Christi
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in Corpus Christi.
- First, try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View prices
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One important bit of advice is that you'll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas is located at these links:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)