We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who do rate comparisons will presumably buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced company. A study showed that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Corpus Christi is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare car insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper prices for Dodge Challenger insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Corpus Christi.
- Try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a bad credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides more details to get affordable coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Challenger coverage is available in Corpus Christi. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is that you use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Corpus Christi is actually quite simple. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas presented in this article. Although Texas car owners must learn how insurance companies compete online because rates fluctuate considerably.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area helps improve the odds of finding the best price. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so you also need to get rates from them as well.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If you want cheap auto insurance in Corpus Christi, TX, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect more than your Dodge Challenger
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Challenger in Corpus Christi, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Dodge Challenger, most lenders will require that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge Challenger. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Challenger definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $850 per year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Car insurance data for a Dodge Challenger
The information displayed below showcases estimates of coverage costs for Dodge Challenger models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are calculated can benefit drivers when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect premiums noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Corpus Christi
The illustration below compares Dodge Challenger yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Challenger replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
Get cheaper Dodge Challenger insurance in Corpus Christi with discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Corpus Christi may trigger a policy discount on insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Challenger insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course in defensive driving could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current Challenger insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Student in College – College-age children living away from Corpus Christi attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Challenger insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Challenger insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
For a list of companies who offer online Dodge Challenger insurance quotes in Corpus Christi, click here to view.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many drivers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Corpus Christi who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What companies can they write with?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Corpus Christi agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are well schooled on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Corpus Christi that are able to give rate quotes.
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to compare quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide price quote information.
Insurance can be complex
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
What is the best auto insurance company in Corpus Christi?
Selecting a high-quality car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Texas. The ranking information below could help you pick which coverage providers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Shop smart and save
In this article, we presented many ways to lower your Dodge Challenger insurance prices in Corpus Christi. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Corpus Christi car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
When you buy Corpus Christi car insurance online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)