A recent car insurance study revealed that a large majority of drivers in Texas have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Most drivers in the U.S. can cut their rates by approximately $860 a year, but they underestimate the benefits if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to compare prices once a year from insurers in Texas. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand auto insurance and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a poor credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on LS insurance in Corpus Christi. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. Immediately put the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Comparing rates for cheaper coverage in Corpus Christi is not as hard as you think. If you already have coverage or need a new policy, take advantage of these tips to find better prices without sacrificing coverage. Shoppers just need to learn the most effective way to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
The quickest method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Lincoln LS insurance in Corpus Christi is to understand almost all companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as whether you drive to work or school, if you’re married, how much school you completed, and if the car is leased. That rating data is instantly provided to multiple different insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your Lincoln LS now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Corpus Christi.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Should I talk to an insurance agency?
Many people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is especially important in Corpus Christi.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Corpus Christi that provide free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they function. Agents in Corpus Christi are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you should always get quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below are Corpus Christi independent insurance agents who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Joe Morales Insurance
5230 Kostoryz Rd # 18 – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 852-4292 – View Map
- Annaville Insurance
14602 Compass St a – Corpus Christi, TX 78418 – (361) 949-6787 – View Map
- Heavin and Associates Insurance Agency
4717 Gollihar Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 852-8005 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Corpus Christi that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Donald Morrison
4535 S Padre Island Dr Ste 37 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 854-2383 – View Map
- State Farm: Curtis Rich
6646 S Staples St #130 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 992-1148 – View Map
- Johnnie Bickham – State Farm Insurance Agent
11014 Leopard St – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-7621 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in Corpus Christi should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How are they compensated?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Where are claims handled?
Upon getting acceptable answers to these questions as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you can terminate your policy whenever you wish so don’t think you are locked into your new company for the full policy term.