If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable Subaru Tribeca insurance in Corpus Christi is to do a yearly price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Texas.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to keep prices down and earn larger discounts.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One thing to remember is that you use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop for lower rates are very likely to move their business because there is a good probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that people who shopped around saved over $3,400 over four years compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some knowledge of how to shop and compare coverages can help you be more efficient.
Score discounts on Corpus Christi insurance
Some insurers do not list all available discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Corpus Christi may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow companies to monitor driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you cheaper Tribeca insurance.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Subaru Tribeca car insurance rates with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, good student, accident-free
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, multi-policy, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide has savings for accident-free, good student, business or organization, anti-theft, multi-policy, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, membership and employees, driver training, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find low cost Corpus Christi car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Corpus Christi. To see insurance companies with significant discounts in Texas, follow this link.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data including if you lease or own, deductibles desired, if you have a valid license, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. The data is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you receive quotes almost instantly.
To compare multiple company cheap Subaru Tribeca insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance statistics for a Subaru Tribeca
The coverage information displayed next outlines different insurance costs for Subaru Tribeca models. Having a better idea how insurance prices are established can help customers make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribeca 3.6R Limited||$176||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,080||$90|
|Tribeca 3.6R Premium||$176||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,080||$90|
|Tribeca 3.6R Touring||$196||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,100||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates substantially.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below illustrates the difference between Subaru Tribeca insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive formula for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Subaru Tribeca claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $700 annually for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Informed Consumers Save More
Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Accidents can increase prices – Only having one citation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten careless citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents raise Subaru Tribeca car insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Responsible credit equals lower rates – Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. If your credit score is not that good, you may save money insuring your Subaru Tribeca if you improve your credit rating.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive your Subaru annually the higher your rates will be. Most companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your Tribeca may be wasting your money. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Consolidate home and auto and save – Most larger insurance companies allow discounts to people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you may still want to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Cheaper rates using GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop vehicle theft.
- Get cheaper rates after the wedding – Getting married actually saves money on your policy. It translates into being more responsible and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Maintain insurance coverage – Letting your insurance expire will be a sure-fire way to increase your insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
More performance means more cost – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Lower cost passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following data is based on a married male driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Subaru Tribeca rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
What if I want to buy from local Corpus Christi auto insurance agents?
Some people just prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Corpus Christi who will give you bids for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. Any agent in Corpus Christi should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Corpus Christi?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Corpus Christi
When searching for a local agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they function. Car insurance agents in Corpus Christi can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Corpus Christi that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get several quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent agencies in Corpus Christi that are able to give price quotes.
Fred Roy Insurance
4402 Weber Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 854-4847 – View Map
Why you need Subaru Tribeca insurance in Texas
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Subaru Tribeca, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Cheaper car insurance in Corpus Christi can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Corpus Christi, so get free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online rate quotes and these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Subaru Tribeca insurance prices in Corpus Christi. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Subaru Tribeca rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with an unexpected company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)