A recent auto insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,700, Corpus Christi drivers could save nearly $1,800 each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate how much they could save if they just switched companies.
The best way we recommend to get more affordable Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Corpus Christi is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Texas. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for more details to get cheaper coverage and find hidden discounts.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Best companies for affordable Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Texas
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To locate the best cheap car insurance in TX, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Corpus Christi?
Some insurers don’t list all discounts very well, so the list below details some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Yaris iA can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Corpus Christi auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Corpus Christi and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A partial list of companies who might offer most of these discounts possibly include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Corpus Christi. To locate companies offering auto insurance discounts in Texas, click this link.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is emailed to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You don’t have to find an agent because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Corpus Christi should know the answers to these questions.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Corpus Christi?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Types of auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Corpus Christi are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can provide car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you include a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Shown below are independent agencies in Corpus Christi who can help you get rate quotes.
Car insurance coverages for a Toyota Yaris iA
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Toyota Yaris iA.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for things like dental work, EMT expenses, surgery and funeral costs. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This will pay to fix damage to your Yaris iA resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your Yaris iA to bring the cost down.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 30/60/25 which means a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, loss of income, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, hail damage and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
How to find a good Corpus Christi car insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated car insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Texas. The ranking information shown next could help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced car insurance in Corpus Christi is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Corpus Christi agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
We’ve covered many tips how you can get a better price on Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- How Much are Corpus Christi Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)