Amazingly, nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Corpus Christi insurance shoppers can cut their rates by up to 70% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheaper car insurance rates.
The easiest way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Texas. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Companies offering competitive Buick Park Avenue rates in Corpus Christi, TX
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. To find the best auto insurance in Corpus Christi, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Buick Park Avenue Insurance Prices Can Be Lower
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that go into determining your insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
- Filing policy claims can cost you – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Texas provide lower rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Gender and auto insurance costs – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both genders are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Even one speeding ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten careless citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Lower insurance rates with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Bundle policies and save – Lots of insurance companies will award lower prices to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- Costs go up with performance – The type of vehicle you drive makes a big difference in your rates. The best insurance prices are for low performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Don’t cancel your policy without a new one in place – Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Increase physical damage deductibles to save – Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a broken windshield, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Buick Park Avenue insurance in Corpus Christi
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Corpus Christi car insurance online.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you cheaper Park Avenue insurance.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model is cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to frequent claim filers.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century includes discounts for 55 and older, defensive driver, theft prevention, good student, and student driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, defensive driving training, anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including family plan, defensive driving, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, good student, and anti-theft.
- Esurance may have discounts that include paid-in-full, online shopper, online quote, defensive driver, homeowner, and good driver.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, and bundle.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Buick Park Avenue rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Corpus Christi. To see insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click this link.
Neighborhood Corpus Christi auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Corpus Christi that provide free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Corpus Christi?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Two different types of car insurance agents
When looking for a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Corpus Christi are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ since it may influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they can write business through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to contact at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Corpus Christi that are able to give comparison quotes.
Star Advantage Insurance Agency
15201 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78418 – (361) 949-0396 – View Map
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to your policy, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Texas?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Buick Park Avenue?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance savings summarized
As you quote Corpus Christi car insurance, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More affordable auto insurance in Corpus Christi is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Corpus Christi insurance agents, so you need to quote Corpus Christi car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)