Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Corpus Christi drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t want to shop around.
If you want to save money, the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who provide auto insurance in Corpus Christi. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and your credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides information to help reduce premium rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using these methods. Getting quotes for the lowest cost car insurance policy in Corpus Christi is not that difficult. But Texas consumers need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies determine prices because rates are impacted by many factors.
Lower-cost Chrysler Concorde insurance in Corpus Christi
Some providers don’t always advertise all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current Concorde insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data submission to analyze driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower car insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Concorde insurance in Corpus Christi.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- American Family offers premium reductions for air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, driver’s education, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include homeowners, early bird, teen driver, driver training, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and theft prevention.
- Travelers has discounts for continuous insurance, early quote, home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, and save driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, seat belt use, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, military active duty, multi-policy, and air bags.
Check with all the companies which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To choose insurers who offer free Chrysler Concorde insurance quotes in Texas, click here to view.
To find affordable Chrysler Concorde insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Texas. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest Chrysler Concorde insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding a better price. Some companies don’t provide Corpus Christi Concorde insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to also get rates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Corpus Christi, TX. To find the best car insurance in Corpus Christi, we recommend you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
How Your Concorde Insurance Costs are Determined
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
Performance impacts insurance premiums – The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Small economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
An active claims history can cost you – Companies in Texas give better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Discounts for married drivers – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
A good credit score can save money – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. If your credit can be improved, you could save money insuring your Chrysler Concorde by improving your rating. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
Liability coverage is cheap – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Raising deductibles lowers costs – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Chrysler. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and burglary. The deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
Continuous auto insurance coverage saves money – Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to buying your policy, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chrysler Concorde?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Corpus Christi?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Chrysler Concorde?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Are car insurance agents obsolete?
A lot of people just want to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Corpus Christi.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Corpus Christi who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t even need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare prices from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Corpus Christi that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- Moore Insurance Agency
500 N Water St #702 – Corpus Christi, TX 78401 – (361) 991-9000 – View Map
- Borden Insurance
210 S Carancahua St Fl 4 – Corpus Christi, TX 78401 – (361) 882-6543 – View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency, Inc.
13310 Leopard St #4 – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-3303 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Corpus Christi willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Johnnie Bickham – State Farm Insurance Agent
11014 Leopard St – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-7621 – View Map
- State Farm: Curtis Rich
6646 S Staples St #130 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 992-1148 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: James Aleman
6262 Weber Rd Ste 112 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 806-2133 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Corpus Christi, get answers to these questions.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Corpus Christi?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Chrysler Concorde insurance, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chrysler Concorde, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chrysler Concorde and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Chrysler as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Texas is wasting up to $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Shop around and save
Cheaper Chrysler Concorde insurance in Corpus Christi can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests and even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
We’ve covered many ideas to shop for Chrysler Concorde insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)