Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced insurance can dry up your funds and make it tough to pay other bills.
A recent insurance study revealed that most insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Texas drivers could save an average of roughly $1,770 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
You have multiple car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest price on Dodge Stratus insurance in Corpus Christi a few years ago you can probably find a better rate now. You'll find a ton of advice on Stratus insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to put money back in your pocket.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Corpus Christi is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Just about anyone who comparison shops for car insurance will find a lower-cost policy. Although Texas vehicle owners need to learn the way insurance companies calculate their prices and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering Dodge Stratus insurance in Corpus Christi
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Dodge Stratus insurance in Corpus Christi
Some insurance providers don't list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so we break down a few of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current Stratus insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers pay much less in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Good Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving less may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, you aren't that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO has savings for drive less, multi-car, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, safe driver, homeowner, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including early bird, Steer into Savings, air bags, bundled insurance, accident-free, and good driver.
- MetLife may include discounts for good student, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, and good driver.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, good student, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for anti-theft, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
When quoting, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered in Corpus Christi.
Learn How to Get Auto Insurance More Affordably
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Alarm systems systems cut rates - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Get cheaper costs if you're married - Getting married actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person and it's statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
If you don't need it don't buy it - Policies have additional coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
Big cities have higher costs - Residing in areas with lower population can save you money when talking about auto insurance. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
Better credit means lower costs - Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you could save money insuring your Dodge Stratus if you improve your credit rating. People that have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit scores.
Rate your vehicle for proper use - The more miles you rack up on your Dodge annually the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Stratus may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet is showing the proper vehicle usage.
Lower rates come with age - Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Inexperience drivers are proven to be more careless in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Local neighborhood Corpus Christi car insurance agents
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Corpus Christi that can give you free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don't have to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You'll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing a insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- How long has their agency been open in Corpus Christi?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
When narrowing the list to find a good Corpus Christi insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Corpus Christi that can give you price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Corpus Christi who can help you get rate quotes.
Joe Morales Insurance
5230 Kostoryz Rd # 18 - Corpus Christi, TX 78415 - (361) 852-4292 - View Map
1901 Baldwin Blvd # C - Corpus Christi, TX 78404 - (361) 654-0085 - View Map
Upon receiving good responses to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy. Keep in mind you can terminate your policy for any reason so don't think that you are obligated to a policy with no way out.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Cheaper car insurance in Corpus Christi can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it's a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut full coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
How to find better rates for Dodge Stratus insurance in Corpus Christi
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers who sell auto insurance in Corpus Christi.
Step 1: Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a poor credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Stratus insurance. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Forester in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Corpus Christi, TX? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)