It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy will most likely switch auto insurance companies because there is a good probability of getting low-cost coverage. A study discovered that people who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving money on auto insurance in Corpus Christi is your ultimate objective, then having some insight into how to find and compare insurance can help simplify the process.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Corpus Christi. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Cheap Chevy insurance price quotes in Corpus Christi
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in TX, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
The information shown next showcases a range of insurance prices for Chevy Avalanche models. Understanding how insurance prices are established is important for you to make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Avalanche LS 2WD||$198||$352||$620||$36||$186||$1,392||$116|
|Avalanche LT 2WD||$198||$416||$620||$36||$186||$1,456||$121|
|Avalanche LS 4WD||$198||$416||$620||$36||$186||$1,456||$121|
|Avalanche LT 4WD||$198||$416||$620||$36||$186||$1,456||$121|
|Avalanche LTZ 2WD||$220||$416||$620||$36||$186||$1,478||$123|
|Avalanche LTZ 4WD||$220||$416||$620||$36||$186||$1,478||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect premium rates considerably.
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Chevy Avalanche insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How careless driving impacts Corpus Christi auto insurance rates
The diagram below shows how violations and fender-benders raise Chevy Avalanche insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Save a ton on Chevy Avalanche insurance in Corpus Christi with these seven discounts
Companies do not advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with one company you could save up to 20% off your total Avalanche insurance premium.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Corpus Christi car insurance quote.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Avalanche insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Avalanche insurance rates with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, good student, daytime running lights, membership and employees, anti-theft, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may include discounts for multi-car, teen safe driver, drive less, anti-theft, accident prevention training, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, good driver
- 21st Century includes discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, teen driver, student driver, 55 and older, and theft prevention.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in every state. For a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Corpus Christi, follow this link.
When to contact an insurance agency
A lot of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Corpus Christi.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Corpus Christi who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Listed below are agents in Corpus Christi that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Chevy Avalanche insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Keetch and Associates Insurance
1718 Santa Fe St – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 883-3803 – View Map
- Randy Ritter – State Farm Insurance Agent
6601 Everhart Rd, Ste H4 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 851-8611 – View Map
- Liz Sweney – State Farm Insurance Agent
7102 Wooldridge Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78414 – (361) 852-1700 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eddie Martinez
4942 Everhart Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 993-6638 – View Map
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
After you get satisfactory answers to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located an insurance company that is a good match to service your policy.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hitting a deer, hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, X-ray expenses, dental work, hospital visits and doctor visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverages – This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like medical expenses, loss of income, medical services and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Avalanche to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
We just presented some good ideas how you can lower your Chevy Avalanche insurance premium rates in Corpus Christi. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
Cheaper Chevy Avalanche insurance in Corpus Christi can be found on the web in addition to many Corpus Christi insurance agents, so you need to quote Corpus Christi car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver or even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High School Students in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Veterans in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)