Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who compare other rates are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved an average of $865 annually compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly Chevy Cruze insurance is your ultimate goal, then having a grasp of how to find and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
The best way to find low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Corpus Christi. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Cruze insurance in Corpus Christi. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
The purpose of this article is to teach you a little about how auto insurance companies operate and also save some money in the process If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the techniques presented in this article. Drivers only have to learn the most efficient way to compare prices from many companies at once.
Chevy Cruze Insurance Prices Can Be Reduced
Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that aid in calculating your premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
- Low credit history equals high premiums – An insured’s credit rating will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Cruze if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit.
- Marriage is a factor – Having a significant other helps lower the price on your policy. It is viewed as being more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Reduce premiums by driving safer cars – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Chevy scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Does your vocation cost you more? – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs such as fire fighters, business owners, and miners tend to pay higher premium rates attributed to intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as professors, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – The majority of auto insurance companies allow better rates to buyers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Gender and insurance coverage – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders get in accidents in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse raises auto insurance rates – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time.
- Do you really need the extra coverages? – There are many optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
Insurance loss probability for a Chevy Cruze – Companies use historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates.
The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
More effort can pay off
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to compare Chevy Cruze insurance rates in Corpus Christi. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Corpus Christi car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best rates are with a small local company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance in Corpus Christi is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Corpus Christi agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.