It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper Chevy HHR insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Corpus Christi. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on every quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Shockingly, the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Drivers in Corpus Christi can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they underestimate the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Corpus Christi is quite easy. If you have coverage now or just want a better rate, you can use these tips to find the best rates without reducing protection. Consumers only need an understanding of the fastest way to compare prices instantly.
Best Chevy HHR insurance rate quotes in Texas
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Chevy HHR insurance rates and statistics
The information displayed below showcases different coverage costs for Chevy HHR models. Being aware of how rates are formulated can help customers make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can modify insurance rates significantly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can affect Chevy HHR insurance premiums for different age categories. The premiums assume a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
These discounts can lower Chevy HHR insurance rates
Some companies do not advertise all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Corpus Christi auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Chevy HHR insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, good student, pay-in-full, multi-car, good driver, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, safe vehicle, good student, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, safety device, Pac-12 alumni, defensive driver, claim free, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, family plan, accident-free, business or organization, and easy pay.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not apply in Corpus Christi.
What Determines Chevy HHR Insurance Rates?
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you cheaper rates. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Responsible credit equals lower prices – Credit rating can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet HHR by repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your insurance policy. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
How your age affects premiums – Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers are known to be more careless with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates.
The following chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Deter theft and pay less – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft.
Vehicles with better crash test results lower prices – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Insurance rates and your occupation – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations like military personnel, architects, and stock brokers usually pay the highest average rates because of high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. Other professions such as professors, historians and homemakers receive lower rates.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance level of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest rates tend to be for economy passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below uses these variables: single female driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Chevrolet HHR car insurance rates compared to other models that have different performance risks.
Guys pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy HHR car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Corpus Christi car insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to agents in your area that can provide free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
If you get answers to your satisfaction to all your questions as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found a company that meets the criteria to provide car insurance coverage. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can cancel a policy at any time so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent indefinitely.
Get the best coverage at the best price
Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Affordable Chevy HHR insurance in Corpus Christi can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Corpus Christi, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests or high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Corpus Christi, TX? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)