Are you trying to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Corpus Christi, TX? Corpus Christi shoppers have many options when shopping for affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Chevy and obtain the lowest price.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To locate the best auto insurance in Corpus Christi, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Corpus Christi
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Distant Student – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Corpus Christi and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers are able to get lower premium rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because it is proof of financial responsibility.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount should help lower the cost of your policy.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for teen driver, good student, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, pay in full, and mature driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for hybrid vehicle, safety features, new move discount, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, newly retired, and new graduate.
- MetLife offers discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be offered in every state. To find insurers with discount rates in Texas, click this link.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Many drivers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Corpus Christi that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How long has their agency been open in Corpus Christi?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Corpus Christi?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Corpus Christi can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can write car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence which type of agent you select.
These agents can only place business with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Corpus Christi that are able to give price quote information.
- Francisco Aguilar – State Farm Insurance Agent
5829 Weber Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 991-8242 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Dennis Trevino
6410 Weber Rd #11d – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 814-0123 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: James Aleman
6262 Weber Rd Ste 112 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 806-2133 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you check rates from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
The following are Corpus Christi independent insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- A to Z Insurance Group
5625 Betty Jean Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 853-7568 – View Map
- Reed Insurance Agency
6500 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78412 – (361) 994-1886 – View Map
- CMM Insurance
1901 Baldwin Blvd # C – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 654-0085 – View Map
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find better auto insurance rates. Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Urban residents pay more – Having an address in a small town can save you money when talking about auto insurance. Urban drivers have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Having just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who have received severe violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Chevy earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Chevy Spark EV and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Texas is wasting up to $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Best auto insurance company in Corpus Christi
Choosing a good quality insurance provider is hard considering how many choices there are in Texas. The ranking data listed below could help you choose which companies you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Cheap coverage is out there
Affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance in Corpus Christi is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Corpus Christi auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
We just covered a lot of tips how to reduce Chevy Spark EV insurance prices online in Corpus Christi. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
How to save money on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Corpus Christi
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper Chevy Spark EV insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Corpus Christi. You can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Additional insurance information can be read at the links below
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Corpus Christi, TX? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)