Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,679, Corpus Christi drivers could pocket approximately $1,770 a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
The recommended way to get budget Chevy SS insurance in Corpus Christi is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who sell auto insurance in Texas. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and a bad credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A tip to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you already have coverage or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to lower your rates without reducing coverage. Locating the best rates in Corpus Christi can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the fastest way to compare prices from many different companies.
How to compare Chevy SS insurance rate quotes in Corpus Christi, Texas
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Texas. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in TX, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower-cost Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current SS insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because it shows financial diligence.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles can earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow data collection to track vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Corpus Christi car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the insurance companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Corpus Christi. To see providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Corpus Christi, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Corpus Christi car insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Corpus Christi who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Corpus Christi?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but we need to point out why they differ because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Corpus Christi willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, you should always include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are Corpus Christi independent agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Fred Roy Insurance
4402 Weber Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 854-4847 – View Map
After you get reasonable responses to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
- Rural areas have lower prices – Living in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when buying car insurance. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Save miles driven and save money – The more you drive your Chevy in a year the higher your rate. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. A policy that improperly rates your SS is just wasting money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy shows the correct usage.
- Never go without car insurance – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse will be a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
- What are good liability limits? – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Alarm systems save money – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Poor credit history equals high prices – An insured’s credit rating can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet SS if you clean up your credit.
Chevy SS insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The data below shows the collected loss data for Chevy SS vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Chevrolet SS Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Corpus Christi, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Chevy SS has a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your Chevy SS but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to save money.
What is the best car insurance company in Texas?
Finding a highly-rated company is difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Corpus Christi. The information in the next section could help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
While you’re price shopping online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-conscious Chevy SS insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Corpus Christi car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
More detailed car insurance information can be found at these sites: