Astonishing but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of drivers in Texas kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. U.S. consumers could pocket about $850 a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to do a rate comparison.
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Corpus Christi. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that cause rate increases such as speeding and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for tips to get low prices and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good piece of advice is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to compare every company you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you currently have car insurance, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Buying affordable car insurance in Corpus Christi is really not that difficult. But Texas car owners need to have an understanding of the way companies price insurance differently because rates fluctuate considerably.
All the larger auto insurance companies make it easy to get pricing directly from their websites. The process is pretty easy as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the system requests reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on many factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to perform this step if you want to get the cheapest price possible.
In order to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a price comparison for similar coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Slash rates with these discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and Progressive permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new Tracker can get you a discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles could be rewarded with better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Corpus Christi Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-car, new move discount, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, and newly retired.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and good driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for anti-theft, multiple vehicles, safe driver, safe vehicle, good student, student away at school, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, seat belt use, good student, federal employee, and driver training.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-lock brakes, homeowner, anti-theft, bundle discounts, drive less, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be available in Corpus Christi.
Smart Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Costs
Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
Shown below are some of the items used by companies to determine premiums.
Where you call home plays a part – Having an address in less populated areas of the country can save you money when talking about car insurance. People who live in big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and longer commute times. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten serious citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance level of the car you own makes a substantial difference in your rates. The cheapest rates are generally reserved for lower cost passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Prices increase with policy add-ons – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. They may seem good initially, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Some people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Corpus Christi.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Corpus Christi that provide free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they function. Insurance agents in Corpus Christi can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Corpus Christi that may be able to give price quotes.
Star Advantage Insurance Agency
15201 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78418 – (361) 949-0396 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide rate quotes.
Finding a good insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
If you receive good responses to any questions you may have and affordable Chevrolet Tracker insurance rates in Corpus Christi quotes, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is professional and can provide insurance coverage. Just remember policyholders can cancel coverage for any reason so never feel that you’re stuck with a specific company for the entire policy term.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions might point out if you will benefit from professional help.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Will my Chevy Tracker be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Which auto insurance company is best in Texas?
Ending up with a good quality insurance company can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Texas. The rank data in the next section can help you decide which auto insurers to look at shopping prices with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Quote more and you will save more
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for Chevy Tracker insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Affordable Chevy Tracker insurance in Corpus Christi can be sourced both online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer price quotes online and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)