The preferred way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to compare prices annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Texas. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates like at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies. View rates
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. Once received, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who compare other rates are very likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey found that people who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Corpus Christi is the reason you’re here, then learning about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Quoting the cheapest policy in Corpus Christi can be fairly easy. Practically each driver who is looking for cheaper insurance will probably find better rates. But Texas consumers do need to know how companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
There are several ways to compare quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Texas. The fastest way to compare rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps locate a lower rate.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get discounts on Corpus Christi auto insurance
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy early. You may see this discount when you get Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes online.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Q3 can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurers who offer cheap Audi Q3 insurance quotes in Corpus Christi in Corpus Christi, click here to view.
Corpus Christi Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Small coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Q3 policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Inexpensive frequent car insurance claims are not good – Auto insurance companies in Texas award the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Lower rates come with age – Mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teenage drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher.
Insurance loss probability for an Audi Q3 – Insurers factor in insurance loss information to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi Q3 vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Audi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi Q3 4WD||116||69||94|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Corpus Christi.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Corpus Christi who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance agents are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you get several quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Corpus Christi that may be able to give comparison quotes.
- Keetch and Associates Insurance
1718 Santa Fe St – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 883-3803 – View Map
- Kramer Insurance
5866 S Staples St # 204 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 850-1857 – View Map
- Reed Insurance Agency
6500 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78412 – (361) 994-1886 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Corpus Christi that are able to give price quote information.
- Jessica Kelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
5337 Yorktown Blvd #2b – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 854-3225 – View Map
- State Farm: Curtis Rich
6646 S Staples St #130 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 992-1148 – View Map
- Sam Watson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4818 Shopping Way A – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 852-6600 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Corpus Christi will have answers to these questions.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is there a local claims center in Corpus Christi?
How to know if you need help
When quoting and comparing coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What policy terms are available?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Who is covered when they drive my Audi Q3?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Ratings for Corpus Christi car insurance companies
Finding a highly-rated auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Corpus Christi. The company information displayed below can help you choose which coverage providers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Find cheap car insurance rates by comparing often
We’ve covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Audi Q3 insurance in Corpus Christi. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with a small local company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)