Chevy Traverse insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
How long has it been since the last time you looked for more competitive Chevy Traverse insurance in Corpus Christi? If you are a novice to online auto insurance shopping, you can be bewildered because of the huge number insurance agents and companies who all claim to have the lowest rates for Chevy Traverse insurance in Corpus Christi.
Steps to buying cheaper Chevy Traverse insurance in Corpus Christi
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable Chevy Traverse insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Corpus Christi. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Read about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like careless driving and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for the details to prevent high prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Get quotes now
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Shocking but true, the vast majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in the United States could save approximately $850 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't want to take the time to compare rate quotes.
You need to price shop coverage every six months because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best deal on Chevy Traverse insurance in Corpus Christi a year ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because it's time to teach you the best methods to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices will enable you to find a better price.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Texas. To find cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Detailed insurance information
The data table displayed next covers a range of insurance costs for Chevy Traverse models. Learning a little about how auto insurance premiums are figured is important for making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$176||$252||$330||$20||$98||$876||$73|
|Traverse LS AWD||$200||$252||$330||$20||$98||$900||$75|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$200||$252||$330||$20||$98||$900||$75|
|Traverse LT AWD||$200||$306||$330||$20||$98||$954||$80|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$200||$306||$330||$20||$98||$954||$80|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$200||$306||$330||$20||$98||$954||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can impact auto insurance rates noticeably.
Chevrolet Traverse insurance premiums by gender and age
The diagram below compares Chevy Traverse insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below shows the comparison of Chevy Traverse premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn't a written rule of when to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevy Traverse replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy Traverse but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $865 each year so it's important to compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How You Can Control Chevy Traverse Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Prices are affected by your address - Living in a small town is a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Urban drivers have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Liability insurance is important - The liability section of your policy will provide protection when you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Bad drivers pay high rates - Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having just one chargeable violation may increase your cost to the point where it's not affordable. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. People who have dangerous violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders increase Chevy Traverse auto insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Pleasure use or commuting - The more you drive in a year's time the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Traverse is throwing money out the window. Make sure your declarations sheet shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Compare rates if you combine your policies - Most major companies afford discounts to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even though this discount sounds good, it's in your best interest to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
Loss probability for a Chevy Traverse - Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Traverse vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Traverse Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 2WD 75 101 72 93 90 90 Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 4WD 72 91 82 78 76 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent's help.
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is not as hard as you think.
The cheapest Chevy Traverse insurance in Corpus Christi can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
We just presented a lot of information how to lower your Chevy Traverse insurance premium rates in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Corpus Christi car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
How to find cheaper Chevy Traverse insurance in Corpus Christi
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, read and learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates like distracted driving and poor credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies. View rates
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Traverse coverage is available in Corpus Christi. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
More information can be found at the links below
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)