It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate will most likely switch car insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding better rates. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest rates on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance is the reason you’re here, then having a grasp of how to shop for insurance rates can make shopping around easier.
Truthfully, the best way to get affordable Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Corpus Christi is to start comparing rates regularly from companies that insure vehicles in Texas. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn about coverages and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides additional tips to help prevent costly coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Accord Hybrid coverage is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best price selection.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your Accord Hybrid
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Corpus Christi, buying auto insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Accord Hybrid has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may receive reduced rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Student in College – College-age children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best auto insurance rates when compared to frequent claim filers.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount should help lower the cost of coverage.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Esurance may have discounts that include renters, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, good driver, safety device, and DriveSense.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, and driver training.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, education and occupation, multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, military active duty, defensive driver, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, driver’s education, safe vehicle, accident-free, and multiple policy.
When quoting, ask every company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your area. To choose providers with discount auto insurance rates in Texas, click this link.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting a highly-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Corpus Christi. The rank data listed below can help you choose which providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%