A recent survey discovered that almost 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in Texas could save as much as 70% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates online.
The most effective way to find cheaper quotes for Kia K900 insurance in Corpus Christi is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers in Texas. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for more ideas to get affordable coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A valuable tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates and still get good coverage. This article’s goal is to teach you how to compare rates easily and some tricks to saving. Consumers just need to learn the most efficient way to compare company rates from multiple carriers.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Protect your Kia K900 and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Corpus Christi, buying insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia for a lot more money and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects your Kia K900 and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Corpus Christi is wasting up to $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to save money.
Save Money with These Tips
When buying insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that go into determining insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
The items below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- How much liability coverage – Liability coverage is the protection when you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Vehicle features that cut premiums – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping car theft.
- Lower premiums for safer vehicles – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Kia K900 scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Better drivers pay less – Drivers with clean records get better prices than bad drivers. Getting just one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Prices can be impacted by your employer – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers generally have higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, professions such as farmers, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Some insurers give better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to compare Kia K900 rates in Corpus Christi to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Drivers with good credit save – Credit score factor in determining what you pay for insurance. People that have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit scores. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Kia K900 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The make and model of the car you drive makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Corpus Christi auto insurance companies
Selecting a highly-rated auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in Corpus Christi. The company rank data shown below could help you decide which companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
In the end, you can save money
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal and even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
We just presented a lot of techniques to compare Kia K900 insurance rates in Corpus Christi. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When searching for affordable Kia K900 insurance quotes, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Forester in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)