It’s a fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who compare rates once a year will probably switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding better rates. A survey found that people who compared prices regularly saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding discount rates on car insurance in Corpus Christi is why you’re reading this, knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can make shopping around easier.
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Corpus Christi. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover ideas to get lower rates and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of this process is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using these methods. These tips will familiarize you with how to compare rates easily and how you can save the most money. But Texas drivers do need to learn the way companies price online insurance because rates fluctuate considerably.
Lower Your Corpus Christi Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels. Many different elements are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
The following are most of the major factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Extra coverages can waste money – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Insurance for personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Youthful drivers cost more – Youthful drivers in Texas are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Get better rates if married – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your insurance policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Having an address in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers in populated areas have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims.
- High comp and collision deductibles reduce rates – Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Land Rover. Some examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Decrease prices by maintaining coverage – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Traffic violations are costly – Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Getting just one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten careless violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
- More policies can equal more savings – Most major insurance companies allow discounts to people that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. Consumers may save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
Loss statistics for a Land Rover Range Rover – Insurance companies use claims history to help calculate premium prices. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure.
The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Land Rover Range Rover Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD 159 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD 143 139 127 75 73 120 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD 169 116 332 34 104 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD 223 397 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD 166 103 252 47 46 88BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance policy discounts for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Corpus Christi
Some providers don’t always publicize every discount very well, so below is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get reduced rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Range Rover insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Corpus Christi is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, passive restraint, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, federal employee, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Allstate discounts include anti-theft, good payer, early signing, senior citizen, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, safe driver, anti-theft, accident prevention training, and teen safety rewards.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, renewal discount, 55 and retired, safe driver, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Land Rover Range Rover rate quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To choose providers who offer free Land Rover Range Rover insurance quotes in Corpus Christi, click this link.
Which auto insurance company is best in Corpus Christi?
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated insurer can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Texas. The company ratings below could help you choose which companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Persistence will pay off
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Corpus Christi. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, high prices or even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider can be easier than you think.
As you quote Corpus Christi auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Single Moms in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)