It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around at least once a year are inclined to switch companies because the odds are good of finding good coverage at a lower price. Remarkably, a study showed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving the most money on Lexus LS 460 insurance is your ultimate target, then having a grasp of how to compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to quote cheaper Lexus LS 460 insurance in Corpus Christi is to compare quotes annually from providers that sell auto insurance in Texas. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper LS 460 coverage is available in Corpus Christi. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One piece of advice is to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Companies offering Lexus LS 460 insurance in Texas
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Corpus Christi, TX. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Corpus Christi, TX, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lexus LS 460 insurance analysis
The data table displayed next covers estimates of prices for Lexus LS 460 models. Being aware of how premiums are calculated can help guide drivers when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$406||$782||$334||$20||$100||$1,642||$137|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$406||$782||$334||$20||$100||$1,642||$137|
|LS 460 AWD 4-Dr||$406||$782||$334||$20||$100||$1,642||$137|
|LS 460 L 4-Dr Sedan||$406||$782||$334||$20||$100||$1,642||$137|
|LS 460 L AWD 4-Dr||$406||$782||$334||$20||$100||$1,642||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location which can influence auto insurance rates substantially.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Lexus LS 460 insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The diagram below shows the difference between Lexus LS 460 insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There isn’t a written rule for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Lexus LS 460 replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Cheaper Corpus Christi insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all their discounts very well, so below is a list some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Corpus Christi car insurance online.
- College Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Corpus Christi and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Driver Safety – Completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow driving data submission to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy early. It can save you around 10%.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Club Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below shows the comparison of Lexus LS 460 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, good driver, accident-free, air bags, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, defensive driving, accident-free, business or organization, and good student.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good student
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for 55 and older, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, early bird, and defensive driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including homeowner, pay in full, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, and mature driver.
- Allstate includes discounts for auto/life discount, eSmart discount, FullPay discount, senior citizen, early signing, resident student, and anti-lock brakes.
When getting free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be offered in Corpus Christi. To see a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Five Tips to Get Cheaper Corpus Christi Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that are used to determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in cheaper rates.
- Low physical damage deductibles mean high costs – Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims would be a broken windshield, vandalism, or theft. Your deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more expense you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Performance impacts insurance prices – The make and model of the car you own makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Lexus LS 460 insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of risk factors.
Tickets hurt – Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Only having one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have severe citations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims can impact Lexus LS 460 insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Car insurance rates and your vocation – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers such as doctors, police officers, and emergency personnel tend to have higher average rates because of job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers like professors, historians and the unemployed get better rates.
- Better credit means lower rates – Your credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. If your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lexus LS 460 by repairing your credit. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
Loss probability for a Lexus LS 460 – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates. The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Lexus LS 460 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lexus LS 460 Vehicles Specific Lexus Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus LS 460 4dr 2WD 155 76 203 52 Lexus LS 460 4dr 4WD 207 102 239 62 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr 2WD 199 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr 4WD 251 324BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Texas?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What are good deductibles for a Lexus LS 460?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Texas?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Comparing quotes from local Corpus Christi car insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Corpus Christi who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you would like to find a local agent, there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Corpus Christi willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: James Aleman
6262 Weber Rd Ste 112 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 806-2133 – View Map
- Tom Hunt Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4449 S Alameda St #3 – Corpus Christi, TX 78412 – (361) 992-9292 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Ruben Bonilla
2727 Morgan Ave #300 – Corpus Christi, TX 78405 – (361) 881-1033 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to check rates from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Corpus Christi that are able to give price quote information.
- A to Z Insurance Group
5625 Betty Jean Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 853-7568 – View Map
- IBC Insurance Agency
221 S Shoreline Blvd – Corpus Christi, TX 78401 – (361) 985-1900 – View Map
- CMM INSURANCE AGENCY
5009 Kostoryz Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 654-0030 – View Map
Upon getting positive feedback to all your questions and a low price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can service your policy.
Shop smart and save
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to reduce Lexus LS 460 insurance rates online in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Corpus Christi car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)