Are you looking for a better way to compare more competitive Volkswagen Golf insurance in Corpus Christi? I doubt anyone enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially when they know the price is too high.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding lower prices. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely compared quotes saved on average $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best price on Volkswagen Golf insurance is your target objective, then having some insight into how to quote prices and compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
Steps to finding discount Volkswagen Golf insurance in Corpus Christi
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable Volkswagen Golf insurance in Corpus Christi is to annually compare prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in Texas.
- First, try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Popular companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all promote huge savings with ads and it can be hard to ignore the promise of big savings and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Most of the larger companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive make it easy to get price estimates from their websites. Getting online quotes for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Corpus Christi is pretty painless because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, their rating system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price determined by many factors. The ability to get online rates for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Corpus Christi makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to find the cheapest price.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate your coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you will have rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Texas, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Corpus Christi, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volkswagen Golf, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Volkswagen. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $830 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Volkswagen Golf insurance coverage information
The rate table shown below highlights different insurance costs for Volkswagen Golf models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance premiums are calculated can help you make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$142||$312||$366||$22||$110||$952||$79|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$160||$312||$366||$22||$110||$970||$81|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$160||$360||$366||$22||$110||$1,018||$85|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$160||$312||$366||$22||$110||$970||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise prices substantially.
Impact of speeding/accidents on insurance rates
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions increase Volkswagen Golf annual premium costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Volkswagen Golf insurance premiums by gender and age
The information below compares Volkswagen Golf car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Golf insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive guideline of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Golf replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Don’t overlook these Volkswagen Golf insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Corpus Christi may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will lower the amount you have to pay.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Golf insurance prices with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, student driver, air bags, homeowners, and automatic seat belts.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, anti-theft, multi-car, good student, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-policy, new graduate, newly retired, good student, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
If you want low cost Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Texas, click here.
Texas car insurance companies
Buying coverage from a high-quality car insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Texas. The information in the next section could help you select which car insurance providers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+