Do you get exhausted from sacrificing to keep your car insured? Your situation is no different than the majority of other consumers in Texas.
Sad but true, over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. U.S. insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to compare other rate quotes.
Steps to finding discount Audi A6 insurance in Corpus Christi
Truthfully, the best way to get discount Audi A6 insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like inattentive driving and a negative credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides more ideas to keep prices down and earn larger discounts.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Corpus Christi. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. Immediately safely store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate increase brand awareness with catchy ads and it can be hard to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
It’s a good habit to quote other rates as often as possible because auto insurance rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the best premium rates on Audi A6 insurance in Corpus Christi a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the easiest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have coverage now or just want to save money, you can learn to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best rates in Corpus Christi is not rocket science. Vehicle owners just have to use how to compare rates from many different companies.
Corpus Christi Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that help calculate your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
The itemized list below are some of the items used by companies to determine premiums.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of companies apply a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to save even more than the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Teenage drivers in Texas are proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Always keep your coverage in force – Driving without insurance is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Prices impacted by your city – Being located in a rural area has definite advantages when talking about auto insurance. People who live in big cities have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Responsible credit saves on auto insurance – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. So if your credit rating can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Audi A6 if you clean up your credit. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with bad credit.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Even one citation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with flagrant citations such as DUI or reckless driving are required to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Audi A6 insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Audi A6 claim data – Insurers factor in historical loss data to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Audi A6 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Audi A6 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A6 4dr 2WD 146 112 134 Audi A6 4dr 4WD 153 70 155 53 55 59BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Finding a lower price on insurance is surprisingly easy. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time getting comparison quotes from online providers.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, replaces the need to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. The internet reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you require the advice and guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible with some companies price shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Texas. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Analysis of Audi A6 rates
The price information shown next covers a range of insurance costs for Audi A6 models. Having knowledge of how insurance quotes are determined is important to be able to make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A6 3.2 Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$398||$358||$22||$108||$1,080||$90|
|A6 3.2 Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$398||$358||$22||$108||$1,080||$90|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$398||$358||$22||$108||$1,080||$90|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$398||$358||$22||$108||$1,080||$90|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Station Wagon||$194||$398||$304||$18||$92||$1,006||$84|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus Station Wagon||$194||$398||$304||$18||$92||$1,006||$84|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$398||$358||$22||$108||$1,080||$90|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige Station Wagon||$194||$398||$304||$18||$92||$1,006||$84|
|A6 4.2 Quattro Prestige 8Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$444||$358||$22||$108||$1,144||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific Corpus Christi garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage prices substantially.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Audi A6 auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no specific rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Audi A6 book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi A6 in Corpus Christi, buying car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Audi, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your Audi and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap Corpus Christi insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with lower prices if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Corpus Christi car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow their insurance company to monitor where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used A6 can save up to 30% because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Audi A6 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, early bird, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, accident-free, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, good driver, good student, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- 21st Century may include discounts for teen driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, 55 and older, student driver, and driver training.
- Travelers offers discounts including continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, early quote, good student, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
Before buying, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area. To find insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Corpus Christi, click here to view.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Corpus Christi car insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Corpus Christi.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is immediately sent to companies in Corpus Christi who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the difference between them since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Corpus Christi who may be able to give you rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Corpus Christi who can help you get price quote information.
Choosing a insurance agency should include more criteria than just a low price. A good agent in Corpus Christi will have answers to these questions.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does their agency support local causes in Corpus Christi?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Corpus Christi?
After talking to the agent and getting good answers to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is professional and can provide car insurance coverage.
Corpus Christi car insurance company ratings
Ending up with the highest-rated insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Corpus Christi. The ranking data shown next may help you choose which auto insurance companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When selecting your policy for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Quote more to save more
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
We covered a lot of tips how to find affordable Audi A6 insurance in Corpus Christi. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Corpus Christi car insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Corpus Christi car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company.
A few companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies. Low-cost Audi A6 insurance in Corpus Christi is attainable on the web and with local Corpus Christi insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
How to find cheaper rates for Audi A6 insurance in Corpus Christi
The recommended way to get low-cost Audi A6 insurance in Corpus Christi is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Texas. You can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend car insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
An essential thing to point out is to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas can be read at these links:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Focus in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)