Unfortunately, the vast majority of consumers in Texas have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Consumers in America could save approximately $859 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they just switched companies.
If you want to save money, the best way to get budget BMW M2 insurance in Corpus Christi is to compare quotes annually from companies in Texas.
Step 1: Try to understand how your policy works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides more details to prevent high prices and find possible discounts that are available.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper M2 coverage is available in Corpus Christi. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Our objective is to introduce you to how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the techniques covered below. Vehicle owners just need to learn the fastest way to compare different rates over the internet.
Car insurance providers offering affordable rates in Texas
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Get affordable rates with discounts
Some companies don’t list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current M2 insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Corpus Christi car insurance quotes online.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could qualify for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and defensive driver.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy
- Progressive has discounts for good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers has savings for new car, continuous insurance, save driver, home ownership, and IntelliDrive.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, anti-theft, safe driver, drive less, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, and homeowner.
- AAA may offer discounts for good student, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, and multi-car.
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Corpus Christi. To choose insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Corpus Christi, click this link.
Components of Your BMW M2 Insurance Costs
Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Choose high crash test ratings and save – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If your BMW scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- No policy lapses saves money – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
- Bundle policies with the same company – Lots of auto insurance companies provide better rates for people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Insurance loss data for BMW M2 vehicles – Insurers analyze historical claim data to help calculate premium prices. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the loss history for BMW M2 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for BMW M2 Vehicles Specific BMW Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW M235 i 2dr 155 277BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents can find coverage gaps
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local agents is especially important in Corpus Christi.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Corpus Christi that can provide free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Types of auto insurance agents in Corpus Christi
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know how they are different since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Corpus Christi that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- A to Z Insurance Group
5625 Betty Jean Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 853-7568 – View Map
- Joe Morales Insurance
5230 Kostoryz Rd # 18 – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 852-4292 – View Map
- Reed Insurance Agency
6500 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78412 – (361) 994-1886 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often use the same agent mostly because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive agencies in Corpus Christi who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Tom Hunt Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4449 S Alameda St #3 – Corpus Christi, TX 78412 – (361) 992-9292 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jesse Trevino
4721 Bonner Dr Ste 101 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 986-1000 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
6349 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78412 – (361) 992-4955 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Any agent in Corpus Christi should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- What companies can they write with?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Persistent drivers can save
You just learned a lot of techniques to save on BMW M2 insurance in Corpus Christi. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Corpus Christi car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is easier than you think.
A few companies may not have online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Corpus Christi can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information is located at these links:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Corpus Christi, TX? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)