A recent survey discovered that most insurance buyers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Texas being $2,700, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare other rate quotes.
Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable Cadillac ATS insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Corpus Christi.
First, learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like careless driving and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for information to help prevent expensive coverage and find overlooked discounts.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
One thing to point out is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
If you currently have car insurance, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the following tips. Quoting and buying affordable policy in Corpus Christi is not as confusing as people think. Nevertheless, Texas car owners can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Companies offering affordable Cadillac ATS prices in Corpus Christi, TX
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Corpus Christi, TX. To find the cheapest car insurance in Corpus Christi, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheap Cadillac ATS insurance rates in Corpus Christi
Some companies do not list every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Corpus Christi drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to study their driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since newer vehicles are generally safer.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for early shopping, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, pay in full, teen driver, business and professional, and homeowner.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, daytime running lights, defensive driver, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- Esurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, online shopper, defensive driver, emergency road assistance, and homeowner.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, teen safety rewards, multi-car, bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, student away at school, multiple policy, good driver, anti-theft, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Double check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area. For a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Texas, click this link.
What Determines Cadillac ATS Insurance Costs?
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Cautious drivers pay better costs – Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received careless tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Does your employer cost you more? – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like military personnel, executives, and stock brokers tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations such as professors, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
Being married can save on car insurance – Having a spouse may save some money on your car insurance policy. It usually means you are more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Policy add-ons add up – There are many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your ATS policy. Coverages for rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and membership fees are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Car and home together may be cheaper – Most larger companies afford discounts to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Insurance loss statistics a Cadillac ATS – Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that historically have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Cadillac ATS?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is my trailer covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance quotes from neighborhood Corpus Christi auto insurance agents
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Different types of car insurance agents in Corpus Christi
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Corpus Christi willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: James Aleman
6262 Weber Rd Ste 112 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 806-2133 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Richard Peetz
3038 S Alameda St – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 887-7801 – View Map
- State Farm: Curtis Rich
6646 S Staples St #130 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 992-1148 – View Map
Independent agents are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you contact multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Corpus Christi who can help you get price quote information.
- Joe Morales Insurance
5230 Kostoryz Rd # 18 – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 852-4292 – View Map
- Ed Cantu Insurance Agency
7122 S Staples St – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 991-1493 – View Map
- Annaville Insurance
14602 Compass St a – Corpus Christi, TX 78418 – (361) 949-6787 – View Map
If you receive reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to insure your vehicles. But remember, it’s your policy and you can terminate your policy at any point so never feel you are locked into any specific agency with no way out.
Compare but don’t skimp
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims or policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When getting Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
We just covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Cadillac ATS insurance in Corpus Christi. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Homeowners in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)