Astonishing but true, 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Corpus Christi can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they switched.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from companies in Corpus Christi.
- First, learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. This article provides more details to get cheaper rates and find additional discounts.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A tip to remember is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Finding a lower price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. You just have to take a couple of minutes comparing free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes online from several insurance companies.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to go to different agent offices. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you require the trained advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Drivers can comparison shop your insurance online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Texas. To find cheap auto insurance in Corpus Christi, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Rates and information analytics
The coverage table below showcases a range of insurance rates for Dodge Dakota models. Being aware of how insurance policy premiums are calculated can be of help when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$246||$610||$538||$32||$162||$1,588||$132|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$246||$610||$538||$32||$162||$1,588||$132|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$282||$610||$538||$32||$162||$1,624||$135|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$282||$610||$538||$32||$162||$1,624||$135|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$282||$718||$538||$32||$162||$1,732||$144|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$282||$718||$538||$32||$162||$1,732||$144|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$318||$610||$430||$26||$128||$1,512||$126|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$318||$610||$430||$26||$128||$1,512||$126|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$318||$718||$538||$32||$162||$1,768||$147|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$610||$430||$26||$128||$1,512||$126|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$318||$610||$430||$26||$128||$1,512||$126|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$610||$430||$26||$128||$1,512||$126|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$718||$430||$26||$128||$1,620||$135|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$718||$430||$26||$128||$1,620||$135|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$718||$430||$26||$128||$1,620||$135|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$354||$718||$430||$26||$128||$1,656||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in Corpus Christi location which can alter premium rates noticeably.
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Dodge Dakota insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though Corpus Christi Dakota insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge Dakota, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge Dakota and your personal assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Smart Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Use credit responsibly and save – An insured’s credit rating will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Dodge Dakota if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower ratings.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Auto insurance rates and your job – Occupations like lawyers, police officers, and dentists tend to have the highest average rates because of high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other careers such as farmers, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Traffic violations cost more than a fine – A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Only having one ticket may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers with serious tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders impact Dodge Dakota insurance premiums for each age group. The rates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Gender and insurance coverage – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates. Residents of big cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
- You might want pay the minor policy claims yourself – Car insurance companies in Texas provide the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Discounts can help to save on Dodge Dakota insurance in Corpus Christi
Companies offering auto insurance do not list the entire discount list very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Dakota can save up to 30% because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy online.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors may receive better insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge may enable drivers to earn lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home at college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will bring down the premium cost.
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Dakota insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer these discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask each company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not be available in Corpus Christi. To see companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Corpus Christi, follow this link.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- What are good deductibles for a Dodge Dakota?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Local Corpus Christi car insurance agents and insurance
Some people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Corpus Christi.
After completing this short form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Corpus Christi who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local Corpus Christi insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Insurance agents in Corpus Christi are considered either independent or exclusive. Either one can do a good job, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, we recommend you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a small list of independent agents in Corpus Christi that may be able to give comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Corpus Christi that are able to give price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Corpus Christi should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Corpus Christi?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
Corpus Christi auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the right company can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Corpus Christi. The company rank data shown next may help you pick which insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Quote more to save more
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions and even high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Low-cost Dodge Dakota insurance in Corpus Christi is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, so you need to quote Corpus Christi auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have online price quotes and these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Much more information about insurance in Texas can be found at these links:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High School Students in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)