Really, the only way to get more affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Corpus Christi is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in Texas.
- It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who shop around for the cheapest price will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with better rates. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly Dodge Ram 2500 insurance is your ultimate goal, then having a grasp of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can make the process less intimidating.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable rate quotes in Texas
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To find cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The table displayed next highlights different policy rates for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Knowing how premiums are established can help drivers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$256||$486||$404||$24||$122||$1,292||$108|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$256||$558||$404||$24||$122||$1,364||$114|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$256||$558||$404||$24||$122||$1,364||$114|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$256||$558||$404||$24||$122||$1,364||$114|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$256||$558||$404||$24||$122||$1,364||$114|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$256||$558||$404||$24||$122||$1,364||$114|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$286||$486||$404||$24||$122||$1,322||$110|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$286||$558||$404||$24||$122||$1,394||$116|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$286||$558||$404||$24||$122||$1,394||$116|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$286||$486||$404||$24||$122||$1,322||$110|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$286||$486||$404||$24||$122||$1,322||$110|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$286||$632||$404||$24||$122||$1,468||$122|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$286||$632||$404||$24||$122||$1,468||$122|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$286||$486||$404||$24||$122||$1,322||$110|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$286||$486||$404||$24||$122||$1,322||$110|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$286||$486||$404||$24||$122||$1,322||$110|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$314||$558||$404||$24||$122||$1,422||$119|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$314||$558||$404||$24||$122||$1,422||$119|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$314||$558||$404||$24||$122||$1,422||$119|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$314||$558||$404||$24||$122||$1,422||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can modify coverage rates noticeably.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Cheaper Corpus Christi insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for substantially lower premium rates.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Corpus Christi auto insurance quote.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Ram 2500 insurance premium.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But all discounts should definitely cut your policy cost.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- American Family discounts include air bags, good student, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, and mySafetyValet.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include 55 and retired, renewal discount, driver training, multi-policy, good student, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, student away at school, accident-free, passive restraint, and good driver.
- Travelers has discounts for save driver, payment discounts, home ownership, student away at school, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, driver training, anti-theft, air bag, bundle, good student, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, air bags, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
Before buying, ask every company how you can save money. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. For a list of providers who offer online Dodge Ram 2500 insurance quotes in Corpus Christi, follow this link.
When to contact an insurance agent
Many people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is important particularly in Corpus Christi.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Corpus Christi who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want an insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Corpus Christi can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to compare prices from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Corpus Christi who may be able to give you price quotes.
Joe Morales Insurance
5230 Kostoryz Rd # 18 – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 852-4292 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Corpus Christi exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
Picking the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Corpus Christi should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
After getting good feedback and a low price estimate, you may have found a car insurance agent that will adequately provide car insurance. Just keep in mind you are able to cancel your policy at any point so never feel that you are obligated to a specific company for any length of time.
Compare auto insurance prices regularly to save
Lower-priced auto insurance in Corpus Christi can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Corpus Christi, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don’t offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you quote Corpus Christi auto insurance, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
More information is located at the links below
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)