A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that over 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Many consumers in Texas could save an average of nearly 70% each year just by comparing rates, but most just don't grasp the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers in Corpus Christi.
- Try to understand how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for additional tips to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important note is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Finding affordable insurance coverage in Corpus Christi is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. But Texas car owners need to have an understanding of how companies sell online and use it to your advantage.
To get cheaper Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare quotes from many auto insurance companies in Texas. The quickest method to comparison shop is to use the internet to compare rates.
It's so fast and easy to compare rates online that it takes the place of having to call or drive to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you're the type of person who wants the professional guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Some companies do allow you to get the lowest quotes online but have a local agent actually write the policy. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so it's necessary to compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Texas. To find cheaper car insurance in Corpus Christi, we recommend you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Corpus Christi insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise all discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Early Signing - Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Fusion Hybrid insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Having more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any amount of discount will help lower the cost of coverage.
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, seat belt use, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- MetLife has savings for defensive driver, good driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free
- Progressive discounts include good student, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers discounts for IntelliDrive, save driver, new car, driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, and good student.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for safe driver, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, drive less, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- AAA may offer discounts for education and occupation, good student, multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and good driver.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your state. If you would like to view companies that offer the discounts shown above in Corpus Christi, click here to view.
Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance statistics and information
The data table shown next highlights a range of policy rates for Ford Fusion Hybrid models. Having a better idea how insurance policy premiums are figured can help you make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$436||$538||$32||$162||$1,344||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates noticeably.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance rates for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance premiums by gender and age
The chart below compares Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates.
The list below includes a few of the things companies use to determine rates.
- Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? - Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- What are good liability insurance limits? - Your policy's liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Traffic violations are costly - Getting just one driving citation may cause rates to rise to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who don't get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. People who have dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to keep their license.
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims can drive up Ford Fusion Hybrid premium costs for each different age group. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- More stress means more cost - Jobs like real estate brokers, business owners, and financial analysts usually pay higher average rates because of job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs like scientists, athletes and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Age of drivers - Older people are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Beginning drivers tend to get distracted easily when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages you can purchase if you aren't diligent. Things like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- A good credit rating can save money - A driver's credit history factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your Ford Fusion Hybrid by improving your credit score. Insureds with good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit.
Claims statistics for a Ford Fusion Hybrid - Insurers use data from past claims to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the loss history for Ford Fusion Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Fusion Hybrid Vehicles Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years