It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop for lower rates will probably buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best rates on insurance is your ultimate objective, then having some insight into how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can save time and money.
Truthfully, the best way to save money on auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Corpus Christi.
- Step 1: Learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and bad credit can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Corpus Christi. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, keep your new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Companies offering low-cost Ford Shelby GT350 prices in Corpus Christi, TX
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Save a ton by earning discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so the list below contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow their company to scrutinize their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Shelby GT350 may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- College Student – College-age children living away from Corpus Christi attending college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including renewal discount, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, good student, driver training, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, multiple policy, driver’s education, good student, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
- Allstate may offer discounts for premier plus, 55 and retired, senior citizen, early signing, economy car, and EZ pay plan discount.
- Nationwide offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, business or organization, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask every company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be offered in Corpus Christi.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine premiums.
- Get a ticket, pay higher prices – Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Having just one ticket can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who get severe violations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Job impacts premiums – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers such as judges, police officers, and stock brokers generally pay higher premium rates attributed to high stress levels and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people still like to visit with an insurance agent. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper prices and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Corpus Christi.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to companies in Corpus Christi that provide free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around because prices are sent to your email. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Below are Corpus Christi auto insurance companies that may be willing to give rate quotes for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Heavin and Associates Insurance Agency
4717 Gollihar Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 852-8005 – View Map
- Keetch and Associates Insurance
1718 Santa Fe St – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 883-3803 – View Map
- Jessica Kelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
5337 Yorktown Blvd #2b – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 854-3225 – View Map
- Ray Paiz – State Farm Insurance Agent
5425 S Padre Island Dr #122 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 993-3553 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long have they been in business?
After getting positive feedback to any questions you have as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have found an insurer that is professional and can provide auto insurance coverage.
Lower rates by being persistent
Lower-priced car insurance in Corpus Christi is attainable online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Corpus Christi auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
You just read some good ideas how to reduce Ford Shelby GT350 insurance premium rates online in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- How Much are Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)