Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never shopped around. Texas consumers could save approximately $1,766 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t want to compare rates and save money.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Texas.
- Get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as careless driving and a negative credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for more details to get affordable coverage and find hidden discounts.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using these techniques. Buying the cheapest insurance in Corpus Christi can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. But Texas vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how insurance companies set your policy premium.
Most companies provide prices for coverage on their websites. Getting quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in Corpus Christi is fairly simple as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. When complete, their quoting system pulls credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on the data you entered. Using the web to get quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in Corpus Christi streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest car insurance rates.
To quickly find out how much you can save on car insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save money with these ten discounts on Kia Spectra insurance in Corpus Christi
Companies don’t always list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Student in College – Older children living away from Corpus Christi attending college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower car insurance rates.
- E-sign – A few companies provide a small discount for completing your application on their website.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Corpus Christi, click here.
Compare prices but still have a local neighborhood Corpus Christi car insurance agent
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agents is still important in Corpus Christi.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Corpus Christi who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they function. Agencies in Corpus Christi can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Corpus Christi who may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Corpus Christi that can give you comparison quotes.
Finding a good insurance agency requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Upon getting satisfactory answers to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your car insurance policy.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Best car insurance company in Corpus Christi
Buying coverage from a high-quality auto insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Corpus Christi. The ranking information in the lists below can help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Kia Spectra.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses, funeral expenses and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Spectra to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for surgery, ambulance fees, pain medications, hospital visits and funeral costs. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hail damage, rock chips in glass and theft. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Quote more and you will save more
You just read a lot of ways to get a better price on Kia Spectra insurance in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Kia Spectra insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cheaper car insurance in Corpus Christi is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Corpus Christi agents, so you need to quote Corpus Christi car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)