Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Texas drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Lexus HS 250h insurance is to annually compare prices from providers in Corpus Christi. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Corpus Christi. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverages on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as how much education you have, what you do for a living, driver ages, and if you have an active license. Those rating factors is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and you receive quotes quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Corpus Christi.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Texas. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Corpus Christi, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Analysis of Lexus HS 250h rates
The rate table displayed next covers different insurance rates for Lexus HS 250h models. Learning a little about how insurance prices are established can help customers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|HS 250H 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$572||$310||$18||$94||$1,282||$107|
|HS 250H Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$572||$310||$18||$94||$1,282||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify rates noticeably.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can raise Lexus HS 250h insurance costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Lexus HS 250h liability-only versus full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Lexus HS 250h car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no written rule of when to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Lexus HS 250h claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $700 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Car insurance policy discounts for Lexus HS 250h insurance in Corpus Christi
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Distant Student – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Corpus Christi auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current HS 250h insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on HS 250h insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Lexus HS 250h car insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- American Family offers discounts including bundled insurance, defensive driver, early bird, good driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, and education and occupation.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, good student, defensive driver, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including low natural disaster claims, accident-free, good student, location of vehicle, annual mileage, good driver, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, homeowner, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Corpus Christi. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Corpus Christi, click this link.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, most lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Lexus at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Lexus HS 250h. It will also cover medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare rates but still have a local Corpus Christi insurance agent
Some people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Corpus Christi that can provide free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Corpus Christi?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Corpus Christi?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from local Corpus Christi agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Corpus Christi are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, we recommend you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide price quote information.
Joe Morales Insurance
5230 Kostoryz Rd # 18 – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 852-4292 – View Map