Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, there are many Corpus Christi drivers thinking the same thing.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. American drivers could save up to $850 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the benefits if they switch to a new company. Because there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to choose the most cost effective car insurance company.
It is always a good idea to do price comparisons as often as possible because car insurance prices change regularly. Even if you think you had the best rates on Lexus RC 300 insurance in Corpus Christi six months ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about RC 300 insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some great ideas on how to lower your car insurance bill.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Corpus Christi, TX. In order to find cheap auto insurance in TX, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Protect your Lexus RC 300 and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of Lexus RC 300 insurance, insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Lexus but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Lexus gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Texas is wasting up to $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheap Corpus Christi car insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a defensive driving course may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small decrease in premiums.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, emergency military deployment, good student, air bags, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, paid in full, student away at school, anti-theft, paperless, and multiple vehicles.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, good student, accident-free, air bags, bundled insurance, and defensive driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including online quote, anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, DriveSense, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, good student, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, and good driver.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Corpus Christi. To view car insurance companies who offer online Lexus RC 300 insurance quotes in Texas, click here.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Corpus Christi insurance agency
Many drivers just want to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower prices and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Corpus Christi that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no need to drive around because prices are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Corpus Christi should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Where are claims handled?
- How long has their agency been in business in Corpus Christi?
If you’re trying to find a local Corpus Christi insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can handle insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Corpus Christi who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are independent insurance agents in Corpus Christi that are able to give price quotes.
1901 Baldwin Blvd # C – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 654-0085 – View Map
How to find a good Corpus Christi auto insurance company
Ending up with the best car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Corpus Christi. The information shown below could help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
When shopping online for car insurance, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Affordable Lexus RC 300 insurance in Corpus Christi can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers work with independent agents.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Lexus RC 300 insurance premium rates in Corpus Christi. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Corpus Christi car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
How to buy affordable Lexus RC 300 insurance in Corpus Christi
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get more affordable Lexus RC 300 insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Corpus Christi. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on RC 300 insurance. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. As soon as you can, keep your new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)