The recommended way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from companies that insure vehicles in Corpus Christi. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, read and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for ideas to prevent high prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who shop around are highly likely to move their business because they have good chances of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study showed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved over $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on Mitsubishi Raider insurance is your ultimate target, then understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
Getting a low cost price on insurance is pretty simple and can save money. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to local Corpus Christi insurance agencies. The internet eliminates the middleman unless you have a need for the professional guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Some companies do allow you to compare online quotes and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Early Switch Discount – A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes online.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from Corpus Christi attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, federal employee, driver training, five-year accident-free, good student, seat belt use, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for drive less, teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple autos, student away at school, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and good driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts for early bird, 55 and older, defensive driver, homeowners, driver training, automatic seat belts, and student driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not be offered everywhere. To see a list of companies offering auto insurance discounts in Texas, click this link.
Local Corpus Christi insurance agents
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Corpus Christi.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Corpus Christi that can give you free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When finding a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference between them because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to contact at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are Corpus Christi independent agents that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Corpus Christi that are able to give price quotes.
Picking an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to these questions and locked in a price quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that will service your policy. Keep in mind you have the power to cancel a policy any time you want so don’t feel that you’re stuck with any specific agency with no way to switch.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. You are unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Seven Tips to Get Cheap Corpus Christi Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are just a few of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Avoid traffic tickets – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Even one moving violation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have dangerous violations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
Good credit means lower premiums – Credit history is a large factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score can be improved, you could save money insuring your Mitsubishi Raider if you clean up your credit. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of covered claims would be a dented fender, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Single drivers take more risk – Walking down the aisle may save some money when shopping for car insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Lower mileage equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Raider is just wasting money. Verify your car insurance policy is showing the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Lower stress equals lower prices – Jobs such as lawyers, executives, and emergency personnel have the highest average rates due to high stress levels and lengthy work days. Other careers such as farmers, students and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Liability preserves assets – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are responsible for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Corpus Christi, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will force you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap car insurance premiums are possible
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can compare Mitsubishi Raider insurance prices in Corpus Christi. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest prices come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)