It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes will most likely switch companies because of the good chance of finding a lower rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who shopped around saved $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is your objective, then knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Corpus Christi. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates such as careless driving and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the newly selected company. Be sure to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This guarantees a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Many insurance companies allow consumers to get prices direct online. Getting quotes for Volvo V90 insurance in Corpus Christi is fairly simple as you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Once entered, their quoting system sends out for your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote based on the data you entered.
Using the web to get rates for Volvo V90 insurance in Corpus Christi streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to do this in order to find the cheapest insurance rates.
In order to compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will have rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If you want cheap auto insurance in Corpus Christi, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Volvo V90
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Corpus Christi, buying insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volvo, most lenders will force you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Volvo V90. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Volvo as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your V90 greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance Cheaper
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Bump up deductibles to lower rates – The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Your gender affects rates – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. They also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for lower cost passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Get married and get cheaper costs – Being married may save some money on auto insurance. It translates into being less irresponsible and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
- Bundle policies and save – Lots of auto insurance companies afford a discount for people that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare Volvo V90 rates in Corpus Christi to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still be able to find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Never let your auto insurance policy expire – Driving any period of time without insurance is a misdemeanor and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Discounts for alarm systems – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent vehicle theft.
A conclusion for your insurance search
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim, high prices and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
We covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Volvo V90 insurance in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)