It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who shop for lower prices are inclined to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding discount prices. A recent survey found that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved over $72 a month compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Fiat 500 insurance in Corpus Christi is why you’re reading this, then having a grasp of the best way to compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The recommended way to get cheaper Fiat 500 insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in Corpus Christi.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how your policy works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Make sure you put the certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every price quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Texas, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your Fiat 500
Even though Corpus Christi 500 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Fiat at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Fiat 500 but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Fiat gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discount Corpus Christi insurance rates
Some insurers do not list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Safe Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current 500 insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better prices.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
For a list of providers who offer free Fiat 500 insurance quotes in Texas, click this link.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Many people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Corpus Christi.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you’re trying to find local Corpus Christi agents, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out why they differ since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Corpus Christi that may be able to provide pricing information.
Star Advantage Insurance Agency
15201 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78418 – (361) 949-0396 – View Map
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Corpus Christi that can give you price quote information.
Picking the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
After you get positive responses to all your questions as well as a affordable price, you may have just found an insurance agent that will provide auto insurance coverage. But remember, policyholders can cancel a policy for any reason so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific company indefinitely.
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Smart consumers save more
When you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your Fiat 500 insurance premium rates in Corpus Christi. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
More detailed car insurance information is located at these sites:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)