Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an expensive insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many Corpus Christi drivers feel the same as you.
Unthinkable but true, the majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Many consumers in the U.S. can save nearly 47% each year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Big companies like State Farm and GEICO continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best rates on GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in Corpus Christi six months ago you may be paying too much now. You’ll find a ton of advice on Sierra 2500HD insurance online, but you can learn some great ideas on how to lower your insurance rates in Corpus Christi.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts covered in this article. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Corpus Christi can be much easier if you know how to start. Nevertheless, Texas car owners need to learn how companies determine premium rates and use it to your advantage.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes for GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in Corpus Christi is to understand auto insurance companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including if a SR-22 is needed, distance driven, the type of vehicles you drive, and coverage limits. The data is automatically sent to many different companies and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare rates for your GMC Sierra 2500HD now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies offer quotes in Texas. To buy cheap auto insurance in Corpus Christi, TX, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance coverage details
The rate information displayed next showcases a range of rate quotes for GMC Sierra 2500HD models. Being more informed about how auto insurance premiums are determined can help customers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$318||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,586||$132|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$318||$684||$486||$28||$146||$1,662||$139|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,586||$132|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$318||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,586||$132|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$318||$788||$486||$28||$146||$1,766||$147|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$318||$788||$486||$28||$146||$1,766||$147|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$788||$430||$26||$128||$1,690||$141|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$318||$788||$430||$26||$128||$1,690||$141|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$318||$788||$486||$28||$146||$1,766||$147|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$354||$788||$486||$28||$146||$1,802||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise price quotes considerably.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower GMC Sierra 2500HD yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Corpus Christi insurance discounts for a GMC Sierra 2500HD
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Corpus Christi car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Distant Student – Older children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow their insurance company to track driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your GMC could be rewarded with lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some auto insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Claim-Free Discount – Corpus Christi drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data assumes a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few companies that may include some of the above discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some credits may not apply in Corpus Christi. To locate auto insurance companies with the best GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though Corpus Christi Sierra 2500HD insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your GMC for a lot more money and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your GMC and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Best auto insurance in Texas
Picking a highly-rated auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices there are in Texas. The ranking data below could help you decide which coverage providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Do I need an insurance agent?
Certain consumers still like to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Corpus Christi.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Corpus Christi who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get rate quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Corpus Christi independent insurance agents who may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Corpus Christi that are able to give price quote information.
Deciding on an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- If they are an independent agency in Corpus Christi, which companies do they recommend?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?