When shopping for cheaper insurance, are you intimidated by the dozens of car insurance providers in Corpus Christi? People have such a vast assortment of providers available that it can easily turn into a ton of work to locate the lowest rates for Toyota Venza insurance in Corpus Christi. Everyone knows Corpus Christi is a great place to live, but expensive premiums for car insurance can make it hard for many residents to make ends meet.
Steps to finding discount Toyota Venza insurance in Corpus Christi
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from companies that insure vehicles in Corpus Christi. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for additional ideas to help keep prices low and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Corpus Christi. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on every quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $2,680, Corpus Christi drivers could cut their rates by 70% a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Toyota Venza insurance in Corpus Christi a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest way to save on car insurance.
If you have insurance now, you should be able to reduce premiums using these techniques. Comparing rates for the best policy in Corpus Christi is quite easy. But Texas drivers need to learn how companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
The majority of larger companies give prices for coverage on their websites. Getting online rates for Toyota Venza insurance in Corpus Christi is pretty easy as you just type in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. When complete, the quote system requests credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to get many rate quotes in order to get cheap prices.
If you want to compare rates now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy coverages and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get a price comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Texas. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Toyota Venza insurance statistics and information
The price information displayed below covers estimates of insurance prices for Toyota Venza models. Having insight into how insurance premiums are established can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Venza 2WD 4-Dr||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Venza AWD 4-Dr||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can change premiums substantially.
The hardest decision when buying coverage is how high or low should comp and collision deductibles be. The figures shown below summarize how much more rates are when you buy lower versus higher deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $100 deductible for comp and collision and the second set of prices uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Venza 2WD 4-Dr||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,611||$134|
|Venza AWD 4-Dr||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,611||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Venza 2WD 4-Dr||$270||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,260||$105|
|Venza AWD 4-Dr||$270||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,260||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates considerably.
Based on the above data, using a $100 deductible costs approximately $29 more each month or $348 every year across all Toyota Venza models than selecting the higher $500 deductible. Because you would pay $400 more to settle a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you go at least 14 months between claims, you would save more money if you choose the higher deductible.
Calculation for determining deductible levels
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$134|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $105|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$29|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $100):||$400|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$400 / $29|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||14 months|
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Toyota Venza insurance premiums for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Toyota Venza liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Toyota Venza insurance prices with and without full coverage. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive formula to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota Venza claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $700 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Toyota with a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your Toyota and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Learn How to Quote Auto Insurance More Affordably
Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Credit rating impacts rates – Credit history factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Toyota Venza by improving your rating.
Always keep your policy in force – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you fines or a revoked license.
Do you really need roadside assistance? – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for rental car coverage, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the miles on your Toyota in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your Venza may be wasting your money. Make sure your auto insurance policy states annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Having just one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
The example below demonstrates how citations and accidents can influence Toyota Venza car insurance rates for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Premiums are lower the older you get – Beginning drivers in Texas tend to be inattentive when driving so auto insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver onto a policy can really hurt. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance loss data for a Toyota Venza – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Venza vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Venza 4dr 2WD||93||102||86||115||110||93|
|Toyota Venza 4dr 4WD||94||102||97||120||94||87|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money with these discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Venza insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Corpus Christi car insurance but check with your company.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Venza may earn a small discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Corpus Christi car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better premium rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Venza insurance premiums with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
If you want inexpensive Corpus Christi car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not be available in Corpus Christi. To locate insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Corpus Christi, click this link.
Are insurance agents of importance?
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Corpus Christi?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
The following are Corpus Christi exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Jessica Kelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
5337 Yorktown Blvd #2b – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 854-3225 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Tricia Herte
5959 S Staples St #103 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 994-8927 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jesse Trevino
4721 Bonner Dr Ste 101 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 986-1000 – View Map
These agents are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Corpus Christi independent insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Alba Insurance Inc
5022 Holly Rd #108 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 854-6551 – View Map
- Reed Insurance Agency
6500 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78412 – (361) 994-1886 – View Map
- Star Advantage Insurance Agency
15201 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78418 – (361) 949-0396 – View Map
Corpus Christi car insurance companies ranked
Finding a high-quality insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Texas. The company information below may help you select which insurers to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Do the work, save more money
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper auto insurance in Corpus Christi is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Corpus Christi car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent and high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
Steps to finding better rates for Toyota Venza insurance in Corpus Christi
The recommended way to find low-cost car insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who provide auto insurance in Texas.
- First, learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Corpus Christi. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Immediately place the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much is Corpus Christi Car Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)