Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around annually are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because the odds are good of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey found that drivers who compared rates regularly saved on average $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Corpus Christi is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about how to shop for auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Ford Fiesta insurance in Corpus Christi is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Texas.
- First, read about individual coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many things that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for information to help keep prices low and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons for Ford Fiesta insurance in Corpus Christi is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies provide online access to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details including if you lease or own, if you have a valid license, whether you have decent credit, and level of coverage desired. The rating information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes almost instantly.
To get price quotes for your Ford Fiesta now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Corpus Christi.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To find the cheapest car insurance in Corpus Christi, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Determine discounts to get cheap Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- College Student – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Corpus Christi can get you a discount because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Fiesta can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a driver safety course could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will definitely lower your auto insurance premiums.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts are:
When quoting, ask each company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered in every state. To find providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the items that factor into your premiums.
Policy add-ons may be wasting money – There are many extra add-on coverages you can purchase on your Fiesta policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
Continuous insurance coverage saves money – Not having insurance is a big no-no and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Your address can impact price – Living in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people means reduced accidents. Drivers in populated Texas areas regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Safer cars save money – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If your Ford has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower premiums – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
When should you file claims? – Insurance companies in Texas give most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Loss probability for a Ford Fiesta – Insurance companies use data from past claims to help calculate premium prices. Vehicles that statistically have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the loss history for Ford Fiesta vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents near you
Many drivers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Corpus Christi that provide free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Corpus Christi?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Corpus Christi?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Once you have received reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an insurance company that is reputable and can adequately provide car insurance. But remember, you are entitled to cancel coverage any time you want so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to any specific company indefinitely.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is pet coverage available?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium or even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Budget-conscious Ford Fiesta insurance is available online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)