Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Ford Freestar in Texas could be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Ford and get the best price possible.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Corpus Christi can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want to save money, use these techniques to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. You just have to know the most efficient way to get comparison quotes online from multiple companies.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Corpus Christi, TX. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Corpus Christi, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies don’t always list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Corpus Christi car insurance online.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive better insurance rates.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
If you would like to view companies who offer cheap Ford Freestar insurance quotes in Corpus Christi in Texas, follow this link.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford Freestar with a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Ford for a lot more money and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Ford but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to find a good Corpus Christi car insurance company
Buying coverage from a high-quality car insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Texas. The company ratings listed below may help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Buying insurance from Corpus Christi auto insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Corpus Christi who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing a company requires more thought than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Corpus Christi agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand how they are different since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. They are highly trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Corpus Christi exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Jill Reed
4411 S Alameda St a – Corpus Christi, TX 78412 – (361) 452-8055 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Tricia Herte
5959 S Staples St #103 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 994-8927 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Ruben Bonilla
2727 Morgan Ave #300 – Corpus Christi, TX 78405 – (361) 881-1033 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Corpus Christi that are able to give rate quotes.
- Ed Cantu Insurance Agency
7122 S Staples St – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 991-1493 – View Map
- Moore Insurance Agency
500 N Water St #702 – Corpus Christi, TX 78401 – (361) 991-9000 – View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency, Inc.
13310 Leopard St #4 – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-3303 – View Map
After you get good feedback to any questions you have as well as cheaper Freestar insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you are able to cancel your coverage for any reason so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any particular company for the full policy term.
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like rock chips in glass, fire damage, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses such as nursing services, pain medications and ambulance fees. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Ford Freestar.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 30/60/25 that means you have a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like funeral expenses, court costs, legal defense fees, emergency aid and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Freestar in order to get cheaper collision rates.